Hi - Post surgery from ROBTHATSME.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know is discouraging Rob....but keep on keeping on man...one step and one day at a time....you'll get there soon!!!
Glad to hear your brother is there with you.....

Love ya man,

Ben

Rob,

Great to hear from you! Sorry you've hit this bump in the road but hope things will smooth out soon and your recovery can become blissfully boring. :D

Sending up my prayers for you....

I'm so sorry to hear of this latest set back. I'm hopeful that with a short little stent in the hospital, he'll be well on his way once again. I know first hand that he is in excellent hand there at Vandy. I don't have any names to pass along to him because even now, all the Dr's I have had contact with there in the last couple of years are all in pediatrics.

Keep your head up Rob, I know it gets hard at this point, but you will get over this hump.

Kim

Hi Gang,

Whew... set-backs are a bummer. But, for me it now looks like there is light at the end of tht tunnell, I continue to improve, and there is now tallk that I may be released today. If not, then at least it is in close sight. I am off the oxygen now, and it also seems that the fluids have mostly left my lungs.

Still feeling a little tired, you know how that goes... seems you really can't get much sleep in hospitals. So, for now, that is my update. I'll keep you posted as I continue down this road.

Rob

4:00 pm Bob is home. He feels good and sounds great! Can't wait to see him tonight. Let's hope we don't hit another bump in the road, but if we do, we will handle it. Thanks everyone!! Come visit!

from blog

10/8/10 11:30 am Bob is doing well today. He had a bit of a bad night but he seems to be having a good day. It's great to have him back home! His breathing is good. After over 3 weeks in a hospital bed his back side is really sore. No more rashes but he is sitting on an inflatable cushion they sent home with him to cushion his tailbone. The good news is, today at least, we are down to the “small” details of healing. Bring those on!! He is in good spirits as always, amazing!, and looking forward to seeing friends when they come to visit. See photos of Bob, Tom & Jaxon enjoying the fresh morning air on the front porch this morning.

10/10/10 8:30 pm Hey, 2 days with nothing to report!!! Wow! We are just enjoying our time at home. Bob is going through the normal healing process right now. He's tired and weak and always cold. He has lost 10 lbs and is bones. But, he feels as he should and we are on track. He’s received many cards from friends and family and has really enjoyed reading them. We had Ed & Kathy, Jeff & Billie visit today. Thanks guys!! It was good for Bob to see friends. Tom’s been doing projects around the house to help out. He is awesome. So nice to have him here. We’ve enjoyed sitting on the porch watching the sunset and just taking it easy. We’re both trying to catch up on sleep. He doesn’t sleep good so I don’t sleep good, but that will get better. That’s it for now. Check out the new photos. No news is good news….. Love to all xxoo

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not posting for several days, but I have been real tired. It seems that second trip to the hospital when I got home from CCF really took it out of me.

I am getting a little better each day. I feel real weak though, and know from the last time that I had a valve replaced that the post surgery rehab time does indeed take some time. I think I shall start my walking program at the gym next week, on the treadmill. my brother, Tom, was a huge help to me. He was here for 1 1/2 weeks, and flew back home to Boston this morning. Tomorrow my sister, Jane, will fly in for a week. It sure is great to have some family support as I get through this period.

I have been trying to slowly get off my pain pills, it is amazing how much better they make you feel though. It sure seems like I was more active while I was maintaining a higher, more frequent doze. I have my first post surgery appointment with my local cardiologist this Monday. I am looking forward to seeing him to discuss some of my issues, and to also review my post operation regement of pills that they gave me upon hospital release. I will be glad when I get rid of some of these pills. I know that they load you up for awhile with some pills. But, I will feel much better when I can cut back on them, and get back to a more regular program. Especially to get off the amiodarone ASAP. They put me on it to help prevent any a-fib issues while in the hospital and early post surgery.

Well, that's all from me for the moment. Thanks everyone for your support, thoughts and prayers. I hope you also enjoyed getting updates on my progress from the blog site my wife created for me. What and outstanding job she did. I need to print it all out, as it provides me with a day by day update of the whole ordeal.

Wishing you all good health,

Rob

I'm glad to hear from you. Cristi did a great job with updates, I think having a site like that really makes it so much easier to update everyone with whats going on and we always really enjoyed reading the guestbook when Justin had his surgeries.
I hope you can get warm soon..I'm a "cold" person, so I know just feeling cold also makes it tough to relax your muscles and stretch ect since you tend to get a little more tense. I hope you can cut down on your meds this week.

Glad your doing better Rob. You've had a rough few weeks, I can relate. I had a few of my own. I also was put on amiodarone after my 2nd. My cardio told me that it was the most toxic drug that as a cardiologist he could prescribe. But after a few weeks I was able to stop taking it without incident.

Go for you for getting going on your walking. I didn't really get to it and still haven't been walking much. I'm sure I'd feel better if I did. I hope the saying 'it's never too late' applies, though I need to wait for a few weeks for an upcoming surgery. After that, for sure. No really. :)

Latest posts

Back