Hi - Post surgery from ROBTHATSME.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobThatsMe

Hi Everyone,

Well, finally out of the hospital, and sitting in a hotel room in downtown Cleveland.
I am feeling a bit weak, so mostly taking it easy today, and will try to get a few short walks in.

Tomorrow, we fly back to Tennessee, on a direct flight. Total airtime is only 1:15 hours.
I can wait to be home again. I know that during this post-surgery period, that I will have days of moving several steps forward, and also a few in between, that will be slight setbacks.

Last night I slept from 10:00 PM until 10:30 AM and only had to wakeup once in the middle of the night for some pain killers. Took some more when I wokeup though.
It was sure nice not to get woken up in the hospital at 4:00 AM for a blood draw, and then, at 5:00 for a vitals check, and then again for meds. SLEEP... it was wonderful last night.

I still feel slightly light-headed at times, and hopefully that will get better soon.

Thank all of you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers through this period with me. I can't begin to explain how good it felt to read your posts. My sister and brother will come down, once for eack week, so that they can be caretaker while Cristi gets back to work. She has been such a trouper though this whole time.

When we started the blog, it was really only for updating familyand driends of my progess, and to save on phone calls, without missing anyone. It seems to have taken on a life of it's own though, and is a pretty good record of each step of my process. Cristi really did well with this.

Hopefully I will be stable or feel even better tomorrow and the airport ordeal will be a cake-walk.

Love you all,

Rob

Rob,
Isn't it great that you are out of the hospital. Hoping you have a 'bump' free flight (pardon the pun) home. Soon enough you will able to continue your recovery in the comforts of your own home (sweet home). :)

WOW 12 hours of sleep (minus the wake-up for pain killers), fantastic.

Question is where did you sleep? In bed or is there a recliner in you hotel room?

Best wishes for a bump free recovery and a easy ride home.

Take Care

Hi Freddie,

I slept in the bed.. real comfortable and lots a pillows.

Hopefully, tonight will be even better.

Rob

Glad you're out Rob and the big bumps are behind you. My flight back from SFO after I got out of the hospital was my first "first class" flight. I don't get out much. :)

Take it easy, and let us know how things go once your home.

Rob: I'm so glad to know you're out of the hospital and on your way home tomorrow. I'm sure that if you can sleep 12 hours in a hotel bed, you will do even better in your own bed. May God continue to bless you and give you an uneventful trip home. Mary

Rob,

It's so good to hear you are going home!! Home what a GREAT place. When you are in the hospital for such a surgery it takes on a whole new meaning!!

Best wishes for a steady recovery.

Take care

All good news.
Hope you had an easy journey home and are now all comfy in your home.
Best wishes for great recovery.

HOME....Can't wait to hear your voice once your home my friend.......
Take it easy, yet keep working towards your walks and recovery Rob.....
We miss you guys already.....

Turk & Mrs. Turk

Latest posts

Back