Julie surgery complete

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julieaka

Report for Julie from Spousal Baggage.

Julie is out!!! Just spoke to the Doctor. Everything is went well.

Julie was tripping out a bit even after the versed was administered. A friend of mine stopped by that works at the hospital and had already received word that Julie was kind of a mess. So much for HIPAA lol.

Julie was rolled back about 8:10a procedure started about 9:00AM and off bypass at 11AM. Valve replaced and ascending aortic graft completed. Just saw the doc. Thank you all for supporting Julie over the past few weeks. What a great forum you guys have. Almost as good as the support I get from the Ford Forum. lol

Thanks for the update. She's not out of the woods yet, so keep us up to speed when you can.

Thanks for the update. Its always nice to get good news. Be sure to take care of yourself too (since I'm the loved on not the patient, I know how hard that could be) You both in my prayers.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting Julie's update, hubby. Will keep positive thoughts for a continued smooth recovery...hope you can get some rest.

Sending you both my very best wishes,

THanks so much for letting us all know.....all our thoughts are with her....hope she didn't say anything too funny under the influence Versed LOL....i know i have ......Michael

Thanks so much for the update, Spousal Baggage (have to remember that one!!)
Happy to hear Julie is safely out of surgery and starting her recuperation.
Hope it all goes bump free for her (and you).

That sounds like it was pretty quick. That's a good way to start the recovery.

Now, you get some food and some rest for yourself, ok?

Haha, spousal baggage - love it! You mean you're not her better half? Sounds like she's got you trained in pretty well.

Super glad to hear she's over the mountain. Now keep her calm for another day or so and it'll get easier every day after that. Make sure she does her breathing exercises and takes walks when she's suppossed to! Keep us posted, or have her post another update when she's up to it. Thanks again baggage, lol!

Oh, and glad the friend was able to break all kinds of HIPPA rules and get you an 'inside' report, lol. Too funny!

So glad to hear she's had a good, quick surgery! Yay!! Thanks so much for giving us the word. She will be in my prayers for continued recovery.

You guys are pretty funny. Julie continues to recover and hit milestones. She did stand up. The nurses need to have her in the chair by about 5AM or the surgeon will not be happy when he swings by. BTW, this guy is awesome and the nurses love him. Julie does too cuz she thinks he's cute. Only minor issue is a low hemoglobin level around 7.5. You ladies might have a guess as to why.

Oh and Julie reminded me that I was to report that she "made it to the other side." We are both getting good care here at the hospital. We are fortunate to have good online friends as well as local support. So, my food needs are being met better than you could imagine.
@ Sunflowergirl - Will do and good luck tomorrow! Blessings

@ Ross - love the Avatar

@ Heartman77 - bummer, nothing good. No black cats, picking up papers, or John buy the big screen... nothing.

@ARgreenMN - keeping her calm and making her breath. for some reason she not good at that, never has been

Thanks you all for the warm thoughts, prayers and advice. I do not expect her to be online before Thursday at the earliest.
I will post if we suffer a bump (positive thoughts say no) or when she transfer to tele.

Regards,

SB - John

John,

Thank for posting on Julie's status.

Wishing Julie a speedy recovery and John you stay healthy, to help her out when she comes home.

All the best in hospital recovery and speedy return home

Gil

Latest posts

Back