What is your Heart Rate?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terodac

I am curious to know what everyone's heart rate is at time of activity and rest. I think mine is to low, last night resting all day (lol) it was 49. :eek: It is always around 64 unless I am up moving around. Maybe I need to do more walking. My Valve Anniversary is the 27th Friday 3 years and Thank all of you for the most wonderful advise that has helped me for three years! God Bless Each Of You!!!

Hello, Mine is still coming down post surgery. Pre surgery it was usually in the mid 50s, right now its mid 60s at rest.

Mine has normally been in the hi 50s, lo 60s as far back as I can remember. I have a difficult time getting my heart rate up, even on a treadmill, especially on a "stress test" treadmill.

In the 70's usually.
BP normally around 100/66, sometimes a bit lower. I am not on BB's.

Are the lower ones taking betablockers?

I think at rest mine will be in the 70s. I just climbed a flight of stairs to take my HR, rested a couple of minutes before taking it and it was 89. This is after four and a half years.

I am 4 weeks out of surgery and resting HR is in the 90's-100. Beta blocker has been upped again. Hopefully it will come down soon.
Prior to surgery, my resting heart rate was around 75.

Mine is around 72-77 at total rest. When walking or working or whatever, it's in the 80's. This is about 20 points lower than before surgery, and to date is my only tangible improvement from the surgery (which was almost 3 months ago). I am not on beta blockers or anything else that is supposed to affect HR.

What I am finding frustrating is that my HR no longer rises appreciably with exercise. I can get it up to 100 with full exertion, but no higher. And it take a good 20 minutes to get up that high (if I just climb a flight of stairs, for example, my HR won't go up).

My cardio has no answers as to what is causing this (I didn't experience it before surgery) but implied that sometimes the sinus node is damaged during surgery. She suggested we wait and see if this improves, and if it does not, we might need to put a (rate respondent) pacemaker in. Needless to say, I'm reluctant to have any more surgery anytime soon so I'm a big fan of the wait and see approach :)

I noticed last week while doing my yearly echo, while lying there looking at the screen my heart rate was 53. On the threadmill for 30 minutes at 3mph i managed to get a heart rate of 82, about 1 minute later it was down to 62. I do take BB, but only a small dose.

Don't ask me, I'm bionic! :D

My native resting rate with complete heart block (absent a-fib or v-tach) and 100% PM dependent, is less than 40, which is why I have the PM. PM is set between 50 and 155 with rate response. :p And I'm on 2 BBs for the history of a-fib and v-tach.

After surgery I was hanging out about 80, but would pop up to 125 just standing up.

Now I'm mostly around 60 at rest, 50 overnight.

"T." Since surgery I have been taking 25 mn of Metoprolol twice a day. At rest my pulse rate is now 60 and BP is 120/70. During exercise my BP goes up to 155/80 with a pulse rate of 80. My surgeon and Cardio say they want to keep it there for at least 6 months as my heart adjusts to its new circumstances before they allow it to return to normal at which point both should be somewhat higher.

mine is around 80 post surgery , pre surgery it was around 68 ,beleive ideal is around 72 for my age group depending on fitness

Mine has always been "perfect" when I go to the doc, but I couldn't tell you what is now, later or other wise..........is that a bad thing not to know?

'

Resting I run between 50 - 55 BPM. BP in the 140 / 80 range. I test every Tuesday and call these and my INR numbers in.
I do quite alot of interval exercise, 3 -4 times a week, 30 - 40 minutes a visit, and my rate responds well. I try to bounce between 130 then up to 155 or so, hold for a couple of minutes then back down in the 130's for a couple of minutes.
I am also on BB's along with a fistful of complimenting drugs too.
My surgery was 16 months ago and I feel good! Follow up appointment on Monday so we will get to see if the Doc agrees!

Back