Steve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Anybody heard anything about Steve (epstns)? His surgery was Monday. Hopefully he will soon be home and will be updating us when he can.

Continuing to send my best vibes and prayers to him.

Nothing yet. It just doesn't seem like Steve to keep US waiting!!!

I hope everything is going really well and he just doesn't have access to a computer until he gets home, or he's just not up to it.

I did pop over to his Member's page and someone signed into his account 14 hours ago. Maybe he just doesn't have the energy yet to do any writing. I vaguely remember how those first few days felt.

I have been thinking of him and checking several times a day. Thanks, Bob, for starting this thread.

Let us hear from you, Steve!!

Marguerite

Anybody heard anything about Steve (epstns)? His surgery was Monday. Hopefully he will soon be home and will be updating us when he can.

Continuing to send my best vibes and prayers to him.

I asked Cort if he had heard anything, but unfortunately, he hadn't. Steve and Cort have met several times and both live in the same general area. I hope that Steve is so busy enjoying his new aortic valve that he's waiting for a break in the action to update us himself on his trek up the mountain.
In the meantime, I'm with you Superbob, and continue to send my prayers and best wishes to him.

Bob and Marguerite,
I think at least 25 views on the other thread are me, but you two have been extra creative in your diligence--thanks for starting this thread, Bob.

Steve,
wishing you an easy trip to that first post-surgery post!

I'm in Australia and would also love to know he's ok. Could somebody in US call the hospital just to check his status - or is that too intrusive?

Us hospitals are not supposed to give out information ( privacy issues), alot, will not even admit your a patient there, unless it is family calling ( Everyone here is his family too) . When one of my daughters gave birth last summer, I called, and could not even get info, even though I said..."Wait, I'm her Mom" ! It seemed, they made her have a password, family had to give the password, to get information. Since she and her husband, were both in surgery ( emergency C/S), she had no time to tell me or anyone else the word. Finally when C/S was over, her hubby called me with an update and the password.
It is worth a try though, things slip through... even in the most secure setups and I have been wondering how he is doing, as well. Keeping positive thoughts and prayers going his way. Go Team March , Steve !!!!

I see the folks on HVP are anxiously awaiting word about Steve, too. At least when he gets back online, he will see that he has a whole lot of heart buddies who care about him. Most likely there is just some glitch in his daughter being unable to post since Monday's surgery.

I concur with what others have said about how closely hospitals guard patient privacy these days. I volunteer at a hospital and I know you are sworn not to pass along info about any patients and their condition.

Thanks for that thread Greg.

Here's a snip-bit from that post; "Greg - I will have my daughter keep things up to date here and at another heart-related site I sometimes visit. Probably not so much a blog as just periodic updates. Hopefully this will be a short, uneventful journey."

Praying that this has been an 'uneventful journey' for Steve

Last edited:
I see the folks on HVP are anxiously awaiting word about Steve, too. At least when he gets back online, he will see that he has a whole lot of heart buddies who care about him. Most likely there is just some glitch in his daughter being unable to post since Monday's surgery.

I concur with what others have said about how closely hospitals guard patient privacy these days. I volunteer at a hospital and I know you are sworn not to pass along info about any patients and their condition.

I believe if you know his name, they are allowed to give you his condition (stable, etc...) but that is all.

Steve or his daughter will post here when they are ready. I'm not worried.

What I do remember is that my first 2 weeks post op my family had their hands full caring for me and my pets,
and my house. My daughter tried to return some phone calls, but it is hard to deal with everything.
Let's be patient with STeve and have faith :)

Latest posts

Back