Sex after surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clement

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
OK. I had sex 12 days after surgery (just checking if things could still work...) and apparently it was not a good idea.

The discharge of adrenaline apparently put my heartbeat out of whack (irregular and then continuous high beat rate).

I had to go to the ER yesterday. They tried some IV meds that did not work. Then they put me under and reset the heart with small electrical shocks.

What the heck? Has anyone had the same issue?
I had heart surgery, not a vow to become a monk.

Clement

I'll tell you what's not a good idea: telling your PARTNER that you're "just checking if things could still work..."! :) At least where I come from, I'd be lucky to make it all the way to the ER!

lol about your monk comment! i was really scared to have sex the first time after surgery. lucky for me being a girl, i didn't have to do most of the work. however i was still afraid something bad would happen but i was okay. i think it was 1 1/2 or 2 weeks after surgery. im sorry that happened to you! now you are probably afraid to try again in the future. did they tell you anything about why that happened or if it will happen again?

10 days???!!!!!! You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! (well, I'm not a man, anyway).

I waited about 4 weeks. Both times.

Better make that the dirty deprived women. ;)

Did you say deprived or depraved
muttly.gif

Hummm.....I can remember when right after my 1st surgery in 1975 (keep in mind I was only 24 years old!), I actually wanted to do it w/my husband in the hospital room!!! :biggrin2: Can you imagine?!!! :eek2: No dice though, cause he was terribly afraid to try it!!! LOL!!!

Anyhoo....in all seriousness, 12 days is a bit too soon! There will be plenty of time for that....no need to rush things!!!!

Sounds like a case of "Exercise Induced A-Fib" :)

Sotalol might do the trick (suppress the response - possibly both :-(

:) ;)
Agreed. Exercise induced A-Fib or Tachycardia.....Definitely Not fun at all.
It may be wise to postpone the "equipment check" until you can get your heart rate to increase in a safe manner by
going up stairs etc.

Hummm.....I can remember when right after my 1st surgery in 1975 (keep in mind I was only 24 years old!), I actually wanted to do it w/my husband in the hospital room!!! :biggrin2: Can you imagine?!!! :eek2: No dice though, cause he was terribly afraid to try it!!! LOL!!!

Anyhoo....in all seriousness, 12 days is a bit too soon! There will be plenty of time for that....no need to rush things!!!!
Norma, you are such a naughty thing. Trying to jump your husband in the hospital is just exceptional. ;)

Sex... yes, please!

Sex... yes, please!

I tried to talk my wife into having sex while I was still in the hospital, but she was concerned that the nursing staff would interrupt things. I had to wait until I got home. It was less than a week post-op... not soon enough.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back