Ross Young

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank, thank you for starting this thread.

I have already posted a longer note on another board, and I'm sure that Ross' son Steve will see it there.

I am nearly at a loss for words. Suffice it to say that Ross was almost a brother to me, even though we lived hundreds of miles apart. He not only taught me so much about heart and valve issues, but he also helped to recommend the surgeon who ultimately replaced my valve. He participated in my care remotely, and I will remember him always.

Can't write more. . . the words just won't come out.

Ross was an inspiration to all of us that knew him. We talked alot on the forums and the phone. He would go out of his way to help us all. He will be missed, but I know he isn't in any more pain. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember Ross for both his no-nonsense manner and for his rollicking, sometimes naughty sense of humor. He was the master of both moods, and in the process he helped hundreds, maybe thousands of people facing their heart surgery challenges.

I remember that when some of us were fooling around and dubbing me "Superbob," he took that nickname and surprised me by making it my screen name here. It has stuck and that's just one little thing among much bigger assists that I owe to Rossman. We will miss him terribly, but at least we know he is no longer in pain.

It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Ross yesterday. He had helped so many people over the years moderating ValveReplacement.org.
Hank thanks for starting this thread so eloquently.

Our friend and fellow heart valve warrior passed away today, November 30th 2013.

For many years, Ross was an absolutely instrumental part in the growth and day to day moderation of ValveReplacement.org.

Ross had battled physical ailments for several years, but always went out of his way to assist others with finding information online.

He came to this world, blessed our lives and has now moved on to be the greatest forum moderator in the heavens.

Ross, thank you for leaving us better then you found us. May your family be strengthened at this trying time and find peace in the knowledge that you are now relieved of all discomfort and finally able to rest comfortably.

You are now, and will always be remembered by the many thousands of lives you have touched.

Until we meet again..

Hank Eyring

I cannot say it any better than that. Ross was a wonderful man and tremendous asset to this community. May his family and loved ones find comfort during this time of sorrow.

I was so sad to hear Ross left us, Until the last minute I prayed in a few weeks we would all be talking about how once again Ross beat tremendous odds and was back in forn of his computer. As others said Ross was quite the person, one if you were lucky enough to know him, you will never forget.. He was always willing to help whether answering the same questions on INR over and over to each new scared person, or helping a computer impaired person like me who still over 10 years after joining "heart boards' STILL can't post a picture no matter how many times he explained it to me. The amount of patience he had when it came to helping, was amazing.

Ross also had very strong opinions and was passionate when it came to helping people, we often disagreed and I'm sure time to time, he wanted to reach thru the screen and strangle me :) BUT an hour or so later we would be emailing each other about some weird show on tv or something that looked good on the food network, or what needed fixed on our houses NOW or what was going on with our kids and his Grand babies.. In the beginning we just "agreed to disagree' and never talked about hearts or boards in our emails so had lots of emails back and forth over the years. He was always there to fix my computer, after a while he would just give up on trying to help me do it and would fix it remotely, that lets you know how much I trusted him, there are not many people I would feel safe letting take control of my computer

Ross cared about everyone going thru heart surgeries, but honestly as a "Heart Mom" I know it was the kids having surgery after surgery that he poured prayers too. I like to think he will be a special Angel when j
Justin needs his next surgery and the one after that...and all the kiddos

Right now I am picturing Ross in Heaven sitting at a table of all his favorite foods he hasn't been able to have for a while and hanging out with his good friend TBone just like they liked to do so often here.

Ross I will definetly miss you. You made me laugh during tough times and I thank you for that

Steve, Chris Lyn, if anyone from the family reads these threads, please know you are in my thoughts

Lyn

Somehow I just think the thing this thread needs to say "this thread is useless with out pictures" of course i cant make the cute cartoons w/ the saying as Ross did so often. but its also true we need a nice smiling picture of Ross here.

Last edited:
I feel as though I have lost a family member -- and I have. Yes, Ross didn't suffer fools. Call him a curmudgeon. However, folks who don't suffer fools and who are curmudgeons turn out to be some of the most intelligent, sensitive people I have ever met and will ever meet.
Despite his health issues, Ross pushed on ahead. I cannot imagine doing home repairs tethered to an O2 line -- albeit they would take much longer because of little energy. He had the knowledge and could not afford to/didn't want to hire an outside repairman. He just kept on keepin' on.
He knew his time was limited. He had said it many times.
My life is richer for having known Ross. May God be good to him and I'm sure that Ross has reunited with many of his heart buddies who were also taken too soon.

Hey, Ross. Everybody says many good things, all of them true. I am not doin that, tho, because there is just one thing i can say today. I really, really, really miss you. What am I going to do tomorrow. Rest well, dear Ross. I won't forget. See you one of these days.

I'm so very sorry to hear of Ross' passing. He fought so hard for so many years to stay alive. I hope he has finally found peace and can rest. Thank you Ross for helping Hank with this forum for so many years to help make it what it has become. I know it helped me when time came for surgery as I'm sure it has countless others.

Job well done Ross.

Kim

Mary asked me if I would post a picture of Ross. I have one in his VR shirt that I snapped of him when we were on webcam

rossya_zpsf39c9a86.jpg

Here is another good one of him from a webcam.

RossY_zpsc3fb50d5.jpg

And one more of him with a shirt I had sent him for Christmas one year. Hope this is not overkill but thought you all might want them

Rossch2_zps21ed0fa0.jpg

If ever there was one that Old Glory should fly at half staff, then Ross is the ONE. He was one of the first to greet me on this site in 2004. I quickly lost that "why me" feeling after reading what he had already survived. I have become absent on VR.com for several years but always peeked in to keep up with the goings on. Ross, you and Bonnie will have a Mint-Julep in toast to those you are waiting for up there. Mary sent me the sad news via my phone.

We love ya man!!!!

May God Bless and keep you,

Bubba (Gadgetman) Danny

Thank you, Birdie for posting some pictures of Ross. God bless his soul and may his family and friends find strength to get through this loss.

Ross was an amazing support to one and all on this board and beyond. Thinking of him today, praying for his family and friends. May you rest in peace buddy. As Hank said, until we all meet again.....

My condolences to the family. While I don't recall many interactions with Ross, I do remember reading many of his contributions to the forum over the years and finding them very helpful. No doubt he will be missed.

Very sorry to read this. My condolences to his family. As many others have said, Ross was one of the first to welcome me to this site so many years ago. He will be missed.

Latest posts

Back