Ok,Ok,..my apolozies to Hank, just frustrating not finding...........................

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just frustrating not finding any of the posts from the last couple weeks. The old site seemed very easy to navagate, but maybe there were issues I don't hear about. Again I apolozies, I think V.R. . COM is great and has helped me very much. I'll let the update's grow on me.

Mac

AVR, single by-pass, 11/19/09, carbomedics mechanical, Dr. Suri, Mayo Clinic

Mac,
I think the frustration of people just shows how well the old site was run and how easy and effortless it operated thanks to the webmaster and administrators. So, i would say that frustration during a change like this is to be expected because we are use to a free and easy experience. Once everything is ironed out I think that we will all be posting effortlessly again real soon. In the meantime we should try to keep the bandwidth clear of small issues and focus on people with valve issues.
Best,
John

I don't understand why some people are having problems? I'm not having any problem with the new forum. I like it!

It usually takes a while to get everything back to normal when any forum updates to a new format. I think this new change has went very well and will be even better in the future.

Hank sent out email to members well ahead of time mention the forum update. And recently sent out notices that all post made in the last few weeks would be lost. There was nothing he could do to prevent that from happening.

QAS was helping pay the cost of operating this forum but they are no longer doing that. The cost is on Hank and donations.

I have my bookmark set to open "Ant-Coagulation" for that's my main interest. Later I click on "New Post". That will show all post made to all VR forums since I my last visit.
To see all VR forums, click on "Home", ignore the "You do not have permission", click on "Forms" will display all VR forums.

Just calm down and smell the roses. :D

Hank sent out email to members well ahead of time mention the forum update. And recently sent out notices that all post made in the last few weeks would be lost. There was nothing he could do to prevent that from happening.

Maybe that is some of my problem. I never got the e-mail. I had no idea this was coming so was shocked when I clicked my bookmark link and got the message the name of the site had changed and then found the changes.

I wish I'd gotten the e-mail (s). I wonder why I didn't receive it (them)?
Does anyone still have a copy they would copy and paste and PM to me so I can understand what has happened. I would appreciate that.

I love this site. The help I got here when I needed it most was indeed priceless. I can't imagine having gone through my second surgery without all you wonderful, knowledgable members.

JKM
i can't PM until I empty my PM box or something, but if you email me I'll forward the email. I actually didn't read the email (my bad) but at the top of every forum hank had an announcement about everything from feb would be lost. I kept thinking of new things to save and actually the day before the switch I had asked in the tecnical forum if we had to save all our PMs or just the ones from Feb, but didn't get an answer in time.
I know we got an email that the change would come in 48 hours, but they managed to do it a little quicker.

Thank you, Lyn,

I have been trying to send PM to Ross and keep getting a message I have exceeded my storage limit. Total number of messages combined in my Sent and In Box is 69. I thought the limit was something over 100.

I am now unable to PM and don't know if I can receive one.
I hate to sound like a complainer but I am having real problems.
Thanks for trying to help me.

If you want to clear your PMs, but keep contents, you can check them all off and download them to text, saving them in "My Documents" on your PC. Then you can delete them off of the site. You have to do incoming and outgoing PMs separately.

Best wishes,

Should I need to empty them in order to send a PM seeing as I've reduced them to total 69 in Send and In boxes? I'm not being argumentative. I am seeking information. Thanks.

Should I need to empty them in order to send a PM seeing as I've reduced them to total 69 in Send and In boxes? I'm not being argumentative. I am seeking information. Thanks.

I completely emptied mine. I had one from a deceased member that I hated to lose, but I deleted it along with the rest. I think you are allowed a total of five. If you subscribe, I think you also have your pm "bank" restored. I know that pm's cost the site money. Ross use to periodically ask members to clean theirs out since they were costing money for so many to be kept.
Another method would be to post your question in the tech forum where either Hank or Ross is more apt to see it.

Thanks.
Was all this info in the e-mail that was sent? Maybe that is why I'm so out of the loop never having gotten the e-mail.
I tried to PM Ross to ask but couldn't.

Thanks.
Was all this info in the e-mail that was sent? Maybe that is why I'm so out of the loop never having gotten the e-mail.
I tried to PM Ross to ask but couldn't.

No it wasn't very detailed. Are you on right now? if so I'll put my email address here and delete it after you email me or let me know you got it

Hello Folks,

I wish there had been time to more fully convey all of the changes that were going to happen before they did. However, it is what is is and we are now here on this new awesome forum and all of us are still learning the depth of what we now have to work with.

Some of the comments regarding the cost both in $$ and in time are accurate in that the more features and things there are, the more resources it takes to support it all.

I regret that some were blindsided withe the change, but it was unavoidable and I did my best to give everyone a heads up.

Overall - I think we are doing pretty dang good

* attention *

* attention *

:D Thanks Hank, :D

I like it.....! Everyone needs to click on the donation site and put up $25 to keep this site going...! There are no FREE lunches, even in VR.org....We all use it, love it, talk about it and share with others. Get off your wallets and help Hank & Ross out....!

Last edited:
Thanks Hank for all of your hard work getting this up and running! It's definitely worth the minor investment to have this as a tool to use, that's for sure!

I just logged in today for the first time since the migration, and so far so good!

Thanks again!!
Kerri

:D Thanks Hank, :D

I like it.....! Everyone needs to click on the donation site and put up $25 to keep this site going...! There are no FREE lunches, even in VR.org....We all use it, love it, talk about it and share with others. Get off your wallets and help Hank & Ross out....!

Actually, I'm also trying to do that but I don't have paypal and have no use for it than to donate here.
I was able to get a PM through to Ross (I think) and if he advises how I can donate without an automatic charge periodically, I shall do that.

Thank you, Hank.
I'm appreciative for all you do and for providing this site.

And Lyn..... A REALLY big thank you for always being so willing to help. Ross got a PM through to me and hopefully he got my response.
I so value all you do here and all the help you offer.

Latest posts

Back