It's a date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naomi

Well I have a date! September 1st. I'm feeling very okay with everything. Trying not to think negative scared thoughts. That doesn't help anybody. I just keep telling myself I WILL feel better after all is said and done. I'm scheduled for minimally invasive aortic valve replacement. My surgeon predicts a 3 inch incision starting at the sternal notch. I think 3 inches sounds amazing! :smile2: WAY better than I expected! Anyway just felt like sharing the good news that I WILL feel better (eventually)!

Best of luck. It's been said a thousand times on these boards, but waiting is the hardest part. I spend a lot of time in the "post surgery" section reading about how well everyone was doing after surgery and that really helped me stay positive. 3" is pretty good and is about 1.5" less than what I have.

Well I have a date! September 1st. I'm feeling very okay with everything. Trying not to think negative scared thoughts. That doesn't help anybody. I just keep telling myself I WILL feel better after all is said and done. I'm scheduled for minimally invasive aortic valve replacement. My surgeon predicts a 3 inch incision starting at the sternal notch. I think 3 inches sounds amazing! :smile2: WAY better than I expected! Anyway just felt like sharing the good news that I WILL feel better (eventually)!

Good for you. I love your attitude. Don't forget to trim them toenails before Sept. 1st
Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone! I love the words of encouragement! I'll be spending the next 15 days loving up my kids and getting everything ready for recovery! I CAN NOT WAIT to feel like myself again! :biggrin2:

It's a big date, indeed, kind of makes you feel like you should be getting a ring and a dress? :rolleyes2:
Keeping you in my prayers for all the best.

good luck , the truest thing said to me was" the waiting is the worst part " Oh and coughing wasnt to pleasant either ! just have a pillar close by ! apart from that these hospitals have it down to a fine art

Good luck with the surgery. I'm now just over 2 weeks post surgery and the whole thing was very straightforward. I've been lucky so far and I wish you exactly the same. A positive attitude is so so important and a belief that you can and will cope with this - take all the help and support that's going and please let us all know how it goes. I'll be thinking about you.

Back