It's a date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck on the surgery. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow. The best advice I can give you continue your stool softner after you get out of the hospital and make sure you get 100% of your fiber each day. If you still have problems .. Miralax. Just remember this post.!! Youll be fine.

Thanks! :smile2: I'm going mechanical. Not sure which one, I know my surgeon prefers St. Jude's. He did tell me he will use whatever I want though... decisions, decisions!

I'm glad to hear that you can have your avr done with minimally invasive incision. While I don't think avr is a picnic no matter how the Dr gets to the heart, I have to say it was not nearly as bad as I feared before the surgery. I had my aortic valve replaced minimally invasively at Duke University Medical Center 7/12. The surgeon completed my avr through a 3 1/2 inch incision on the right side of my chest. Because he was able to go between the ribs, there was no bone cut. I have a picture of my incision that I will send you if you want to see what it looks like now. Before I had surgery, I looked for someone else who had minimally invasive avr. There is one other person who has posted here that had minimally invasive avr that also may be able to share info with you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back