Full Dental Extractions Fully Anticoagulated?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross,

You did good with the INR. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. You know all of us are there for you! Wishing you the best!

by this time tomorrow you will be toofleth. Won't that be nice? we will all take a deep breath and maybe a toast or three when it's all over. Celebration time, oh yeah.

You might surprise yourself with what you can eat. There's always the blender. A blended hamburger. doesn't that sound good. with onions, mayo, lettuce and catsup on a poppy seed bun (better hold the poppy seeds, tho) - hold the pickle.

You know that the whole board will be trying to check in tomorrow, tomorrow night, and all day Friday for news. me, included. I'll be with you tomorrow in spirit, you know. along with the rest of VR.

Go with God, my dear Ross.

I sure will be thinking about you tommorow.
The very best of luck to you.
Rich

Ross,

I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. I know that they're going to "put you out" for the extractions, but are they going to put you on the "vent"? It's possible to sedate you fully without assisted breathing. The dentists need your mouth clear in order to take out all the teeth and root tips. A vent would only be in the way. So, maybe your worries about the ventilator are not worries at all.

(Just hoping to see something positive for you)

Oh boy - sounds like you'll be in for a fun day tomorrow!! :eek:

Wishing you all the best, and if it's at all possible, get lots of ice on your jaw as soon as you can. It makes a HUGE difference (take it from one who speaks from experience :rolleyes:).

A x

Best Wishes for your surgery today Ross !

Have you decided when to resume the Lovenox after the procedure?

One of our members had a bleeding issue, possibly because the started her Heparin that night, after surgery.

I waited 24 hours after a Cath before telling my nurse I wanted a Lovenox shot by that time. Nurse said "but you already have your Coumadin" DUH ! Nurse called Cardio and came back with the Lovenox (24 hours post procedure).

Keep the Faith !

Latest posts

Back