Full Dental Extractions Fully Anticoagulated?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you hear John Mellencamp singing "Come on baby make it hurt so good"?

Cooker you gotta try this! There's this hesitence in anticipation of the pain and then the thrill of the plunge. Yeah baby yeah!

Cooker you gotta try this! There's this hesitence in anticipation of the pain and then the thrill of the plunge. Yeah baby yeah!
You do know that there is such thing as needle-addiction?
Instead of drinking your wine you will now start to inject it:eek:
Not a very socially acceptable behavior. Can you see yourself out
with friends at a club:D

Whats the word I'm looking for....................one who enjoys inflecting pain ones self?

It will be okay Ross, we're here to bring you back down to earth.
Take a deep breath now......and relax

Gees Ross...you are braver than I am...I imagine it helps at times like this to have a little extra padding around the belly area when you have to stick it with sharp things!...
I'm getting to like this self inflicting of puncture wounds thing. :eek::D

Ross,
Hope you do well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Thursday and until we hear your chasing the nurses. I pray everything goes well and you will have a big toothy smile soon.
Crystal:)

They did tell you not to go too deep? It's supposed to be a deep subcutaneous injection,but not in muscle tissue. Also make sure to
draw back on the plunger before you inject,because one time I drew
back and got blood return(!!) --even though I was in SC tissue in a
pinched abdominal area.Could have been dangerous had I not checked.

Hope all goes well on thursday,will be sending you good thoughts-Dina:)

Oh boy, I got double joy on the last one. Practicing where I was going to place it and actually stuck myself and withdrew it all in one swoop. DUH. Got to stick myself again though. The feel of the needle............heavenly.

I feel for you, Ross! Kevin was on Embrel for his psoriasis, he said it hurt to shoot himself...not to mention that the idiot doc onboard the ship didn't know that embrel could give you a serious lung infection, he wasn't told to go off of it until it was too late. Now he has athsma because he had bronchial pneumonia, hempohilia influenza, and both of his lungs had partially collapsed, and they STILL didn't believe him! I got involved though and kicked some ass. She got investigated, but never got in trouble. There are some docs(or IDC's as they call them on navy ships) that refuse to listen to patients thinking they know everything and we know nothing....unbenounced to them, we do have brains and know our bodies....I'll be thinking of you on thursday and hope to get an update soon! Good luck!

Will look forward to hearing from you on Friday. This oral surgeon of yours sounds like a real gem to have to deal with. :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you, Ross.

We will miss you till your return

We will miss you till your return

Lots of positive thinking thoughts for you Ross
with all the power of the board....looks like you
got a great line going upward for you.
The results are going to be the same whether
you worry or not.
So just smile and enjoy today,it's natural to be
nervous about your surgery.I'm positive all will
go well and once you get these dang teeth out
your health will too benifit you,I know Dale had
so much pain and infection,after pulling all his out
last year,his health improved for better once he
got the dam things out.;)
Wishing you all the best with this and a smooth recovery
Along with rest of board you remain in our prayers.:)
zipper2 (DEB)

My teeth have been a constant source of trouble for me since birth. I really do think some things will improve with them out, though I'm going to miss solid foods for a while.

INR today 1.4 and 13.5 seconds. Dr. Miller has been notified and she's just giddy over it.

Ross I can appreciate your frustration with having teeth issues. As a child my folks weren't good at taking me to the dentist, seems I only went when something hurt. I ended up with a ba-zillion cavities and I have had probably 10 teeth removed through the years. It wasn't until I went into the service that I started to get at least some dental care on a regular basis. I can say that I have had the same struggle my whole life. I suppose smoking for 17 years didn't help much but I blame my parents. They were both Scottish and certainly had the sterotypical picket fence thing going on in their mouths. A few years ago I had 6 teeth crowned all at once and THAT was a less than pleasant experience, let alone having 30 teeth pulled.

Please know you have an awful lot of people that will be pulling (no pun intended :D) for you tomorrow, self included of course. We all look forward to hearing from you with some positive feedback. Maybe you should consider a moniker change until you get your dentures squared away ? Gummy Bear has a nice ring to it eh ?

All joking aside, you have a big day tomorrow, here is to a uneventful event and a quick healing process.

Latest posts

Back