Full Dental Extractions Fully Anticoagulated?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross, do you wear support stockings? That may help squeeze the water out of the tissues of your legs. I know they are uncomfortable, but all of Joe's doctors mentioned that they would help.

Compression Stockings do seem to help to minimize fluid retention in the lower legs. I don't find them to be uncomfortable at all, especially with the onset of cold Wx.

Ross, do you wear support stockings? That may help squeeze the water out of the tissues of your legs. I know they are uncomfortable, but all of Joe's doctors mentioned that they would help.

I have them, but I cannot put them on myself. If I'm not up at 3am when Lyn is getting ready for work, they don't get put on. Lately, haven't had them on at all since well before the dental surgery. :(

They are very difficult to put on. I had to put all of Joe's on. If you fold them down and use rubber gloves to grab them it helps a lot. Start with the foot area, then work up. We had the thigh high ones too, but they were just way too uncomfortable.

If you cannot get them on at all, maybe you can wrap some Ace bandages around your legs. Anything with some overall compression would help.

That's what we do, but without her help, it doesn't happen. Chris can't get them on me either. Once they're on, I actually find them comfortable, but man, you can burn 1500 calories just getting the damn things on.

Well, maybe if you wear them just a couple of hours a day until you go to bed, when Lyn gets home and can help, it would make some difference.

Anything is better than nothing.

I'm able to put my Knee High Compression Stockings on fairly easily, either sitting in a chair or on the stair steps.

I pull the upper part over my feet (w/o gloves), then grab the sides of the heel and pull the lower part over my feet. Then I insert my thumbs inside each side and work the upper part up my leg. NO PROBLEM.

I got a new elastic ankle support that has a couple of built-in gadgets along the ankle on the inner and outer side. The nurse didn't have any problem putting it on at the doctor's office but I was having a hard time pulling it on once I got home.....mostly because my ankle hurts. I powdered it with baby powder and it went on much easier. If you happen to try the powder than I would suggest you wear a mask so you don't inhale any by accident.

At least he admits to having received it. :rolleyes:

There is an older, probably the oldest Doctor in this group and he was on Coumadin for 2 years. I don't know what for, but he insists he bled like crazy from little things. Of course, I noticed he never mentioned his INR at these times either. Point is, he has the whole group fearing anyone on Coumadin because of his past experience on it.

I'm able to put my Knee High Compression Stockings on fairly easily, either sitting in a chair or on the stair steps.

I pull the upper part over my feet (w/o gloves), then grab the sides of the heel and pull the lower part over my feet. Then I insert my thumbs inside each side and work the upper part up my leg. NO PROBLEM.

Al I have a problem. First off, bending over to reach my feet, I can't breath. Anything compressing my diaphragm and I can't breath. It's nearly impossible for me to reach my feet anymore. It sucks! I'm only 46 and I'm in that bad of shape. :(

Al I have a problem. First off, bending over to reach my feet, I can't breath. Anything compressing my diaphragm and I can't breath. It's nearly impossible for me to reach my feet anymore. It sucks! I'm only 46 and I'm in that bad of shape. :(

Could you put one foot up on the opposite knee while sitting and pull them on that way?

Remember when I said they'd send the bills around Christmas time just to make the holidays miserable? Well guess what I got in the mail today? :mad:

Put it in a cabinet - out of sight, and don't even look at it until after the 1st week in January.

Latest posts

Back