Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Rob I hope you don't mind, but I felt others would like to know;

Hi Freddie,

Hope your summer is going well,and "Happy Belated Birthday" from me.

I have not been on the site as much these past few months, and have been dealing with my own new medical issues. I had to stop all international travel, and am now scheduled for a new surgery to replace the valve and graft that I now have. Looks like a got only 10 years from my St Judes Valve. Actually the valve is ok, my body just doesn't seem to like it, and has grown scar tissue under it, blocking the blood leaving the heart from passing through it. My docotor told me that, if I didn't get this fixed, I wouldn't be around in 12 months... soooooo.... "Getter Done". Sept 16th is my date for surgery.

Sending my best wishes to you Rob

Could someone put Rob on the calendar for me please, not sure if I can or know how to, thanks

Last edited:
Oh gosh............hey there Fabio, get yourself back here so we can support you through this. We're valve partners, ya know. I'm coming up on 11 years in a couple of months with this recalled silzone valve. Like DickV always said, "Everyday above ground is a good day"...!!

Freddie, please pass along my best wishes to Rob for an easy surgery and recovery. At least he knows what to expect this time around and he'll be back to his old self before he knows it. I'm just glad they caught the problem before it was too late.

Please get Rob back on here! Bummer, Rob. Not the news one wants to hear. But sounds like you'll be at the right place and get it all worked out for yourself.

Best wishes to you!

Marguerite

Rob I hope you don't mind, but I felt others would like to know;

Hi Freddie,

I have not been on the site as much these past few months, and have been dealing with my own new medical issues. I had to stop all international travel, and am now scheduled for a new surgery to replace the valve and graft that I now have. Looks like a got only 10 years from my St Judes Valve. Actually the valve is ok, my body just doesn't seem to like it, and has grown scar tissue under it, blocking the blood leaving the heart from passing through it. My docotor told me that, if I didn't get this fixed, I wouldn't be around in 12 months... soooooo.... "Getter Done". Sept 16th is my date for surgery.

Sending my best wishes to you Rob

Rob - I hope you see this post -

FYI, the On-X Valves are the ONLY valves I know of that have a Built in Barrier to Retard / Prevent Pannus Tissue Growth from impinging the Valve Leaflets.

From a later post to this thread I see that you are going to Cleveland. I *assume* that means Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Pettersson at CC is the Most Prolific User of the On-X Valves at CC.

'AL Capshaw'

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the well wishes.
I am going to the Cleveland Clinic, and will have both Dr Pettersson,and Dr Roselli on the surgeical team. They will be replacing the St Jude valve and graft, with an On-X, and make a graft that will be attached to the new valve, as at the moment the On-X valves do not come as a single unit, ("Valve with Graft"). However, I hear that the On-X company is close to having one approved, but not in time for me. No problems though, as Dr Pettersson is very capable of making his own, and sewing it to the On-X valve. I will also have some repair done on my aortic dissection, and this is where Dr. Roselli comes in to play. As I understand it, they will require a special surgical room that will allow for them to perform both surgeries at the same time.

Just a side note, with so many family and friends that need to be contacted and updated as I go through this, my wife has created a webpage for me and my progress. That way, they go to the site, and she will be posting updates as I go through the surgery, and post surgery while recovering. It's really cool, and she did a great job creating this! She is just a casual computer user, like most of us, and she found that Google offers a place to create your own "free" webpage. She read the instructions and in a very short time, had an update page for me created, up and running. This sure will reduce the amount of phone calls that have to be made, and also keep everyone up to date with my progress.

You can access it at the following link.
https://sites.google.com/site/robthatsmecristid/home

Thanks my friends for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers as I go through this 100,000 mile tune-up!

I think I have the best garage and mechanics working on it!

Wish you all good health,

Rob

Rob, you are a tough old bird. If you can't do it - no one can. I have a feeling you will pull through just fine.

You hear that Rob! Show them cutters whose Boss!!

Last edited:
Rob,
It sounds as though you have the best of the best doing your tune-up; I'm sure you'll be better than new when it's all done.
It's nice to know we can use the page your wife made to keep up with your progress. We'll be looking.:smile2:
Best wishes

Just wishing you the very best with your upcoming surgery Rob! I have a feeling that you will do just fine.......you couldn't ask for a more brilliant & knowledgeable pair of surgeons than those who will be working on you!

And thank you for providing the link where we can check on your progress!

Godspeed!

Latest posts

Back