All done and survived

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartman77

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello all. I had my surgery. Doc says my valve was a mess worst he has seen in a while
also. My heart did not wake up so today I got a pacemaker
but i am alive. I'm typing on an itouch and it's pretty small so I'll sign off for now. Talk more when I get home. Thank u all so so much. With love. Michael

Good deal, Michael. Welcome to this side. Kinda disconcerting when your surgeon gives a post-op report like that, isn't it? Mine gave one very similar. The great news is you've come through it -- now on to a good recovery!

Congratulations! Some of those pacemakers are temporary, so I hope this is the case for you. If so, you will come home minus the pacemaker, if not, they aren't hard to live with at all. Joe had one, and he hardly knew it was there. He just thought of it as good insurance, since he had bradycardia (slow beats).

Thanks for letting us know Mike - been thinking about ya, and anxious to hear some news! Although it's only Friday, so I wasn't really expecting to hear from ya for another day or two, you animal you! Sorry to hear about the pace-maker, but hopefully that's only temporary. In any event, send more updates once you feel up to it (and not a minute before!). In the meantime, get some rest, and remember to do your breathing exercises - they really help a lot, although they're tough the first couple days.

Good to hear you are on this side of the mountain.
Sending best wishes you have a bump free recovery.
Eat, sleep, breathe, walk and repeat
again and
again and
again.

Good to hear from you, Micheal! One step at a time...praying that the pacemaker is only temporary and wishing you a bump free recovery from this point forward. Take good care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back