7 years and still mooing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Supporting Member
I hit year 7 of sporting a bovine valve a few weeks ago, but I honestly forgot all about it. I was reminded when my last echo report came in the mail yesterday. I am very happy to report that it is probably the best report I've had since undergoing replacement. I had some post-surgery issues that plagued me for a good long while, but it appears I've turned the corner.
Looking at this latest echo, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get 15 years out of this valve, maybe more.:smile2:

brill news, it does seem to be a growing trend that tissue valves seem to be getting better, or is that just me? anyway carry on mooooooooooooooing and be carefull how you chew the grass

Congrats, Duffey. I guess you are really back to normal when you forget "the day". I hope you have many more.

Last edited:
Cow.jpgGreat news!! From a fellow bovine valver, I wish you happy 7th and many, many more...

After surgery, I wondered if I would ever look in the mirror and not think of heart surgery or go through the day without it comming to mind. I also wondered if my own post surgical issues would really improve. Rather to my surprise, I no longer see my scar unless I consciously look at it and if I think of the AVR now it is with a moment of thanksgiving. I have not yet passed an anniversary and failed to notice but you point out a wonderful feature of our long term recovery which is that we get to return to our lives not our diseases. At three years, my own issues of stiffness in the ventricle walls is resolving itself and shows every possibility of continuing to improve. Duffy, it is good to hear your comments to remind us that recovery doesn't just take place in the first two or three months after surgery but continues for much longer. Thanks for reminding us. Mooooo!

Larry

............ you point out a wonderful feature of our long term recovery which ............
doesn't just take place in the first two or three months after surgery but continues for much longer. Thanks for reminding us. Mooooo!

Larry

Mary, you had always been an inspiration and I always admired your encouraging words. Now again, in addition to Larry's well said words, you reminded me and many of us of the light at the end of the tunnell! And as you said, "it appears I've turned the corner" too, recently!:smile2:

Wishing you many more healthier anniversaries to celebrate.:angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back