4 days post surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklump

Hi everybody, I'm back. I had surgery at 7:am on 3/4. I was making phone calls 24 hrs later on Sat morning. My doctors could not believe how well I came through everything . I basicly had no problems or discomfort what so ever. We came home about 1:pm this afternoon and I have just been sleeping. i really had no eating problems while in the hosp. The food tasted great! What was the matter with me!! I could gave posted the day after surgery, if I would have had the laptop.
I did learn that my Av was bicuspid, probably from birth. The Doc said the valve was in worse shape than he thought. I am truly amazed with my progress. Now, just keep the bumps out of the road.
Has anyone heard from Steve, the keeper of the waiting room? I have been concerned.

I am fully aware of problems that can pop up with me going forward, but I'm not going to push anything.
John..... on the other side!!!

Awesome! Good to hear that you are bouncing back so soon. Did your doc offer you your excised valve in a jar for all to admire?

How wonderful to hear how well you are doing. Congratulations on coming through so well. don't push too hard. Take it slow and easy and hopefully your recovery will be bump free.

Welcome to this side of the mountain. :)

Congratulations!
Did you have an open heart surgery or minimally invasive? I had a mitral valve replaced 3 months ago, minimally invasive method. I am pleasantly surprised how quickly I have been recovering.
Good luck with everything.
Petra

highs.gif
John, welcome back so glad you are posting already here is to a bump free road on the trip down the mountain

Here is Steve's return to the Family http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?37636-Steve&p=489317#post489317

Welcome home John....so happy to hear your good news.....but continued prayers and positive energy going your way...take it slow anyway,,,,God be with you.

jeri

Welcome home John....so happy to hear your good news.....but continued prayers and positive energy going your way...take it slow anyway,,,,God be with you.

jeri

Welcome home, John !!!! Way to Go !!!!
I am so happy everything went smoothly, and only 4 days in the hospital, remarkable !!!!! Keep up the good work, rest, rest, rest and, oh...did I mention, ....rest :)
Go Team 2011 !!!!

Renee

Did you take notes so everyone else could do it your way? It's good to see how smoothly your surgery and first days of recovery went--keep it up!

"The Doc said the valve was in worse shape than he thought."--where have I heard that before...?

Best wishes,

Debby

Congrats, John, and continued good healing!

We should start a poll to see how many of us were told post-op that our valve was in worse shape than they'd thought. As Debby suggests, I think it would be WAY more than 50%, flip-of-the-coin random! My hotshot told me I'd joined the group that was lucky to make it into the OR -- and I hardly had any symptoms! (He told me that he's had patients who'd postponed the surgery so they could run one more marathon -- and then he's looked at their valves and wondered how they could stay alive in a chair, much less while running a marathon. Post-op, he told me that I had "joined that group".)

John - I'm here. Just got back from the hospital today. Just like any road here in Chicago, I hit quite a few potholes and speed bumps, but I'm now slowly traveling the road to recovery. I'll post more in Post Surgery.

Go Class of 2011!

Congratulations on a job well done, sir!!!

Now you have to learn a new kind of patience as you regather your strength and resilience through recovery.

I was a lucky one, too. No complications, no set-backs, practically up and running. But recovery seemed slow for me (but again, no complications; just slow to feel back to normal) and so I just sat back and learned to enjoy it. BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.

Best wishes and Congratulations!

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back