Where in the World are VR members?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in the World are VR members?

• Total voters
Mary, can you explain why the names and numbers don't correspond eg: Australia/New Zealand has 7 names recorded but is showing a total of nine members. The same thing applies to many other regions as well.

Mary

Mary, can you explain why the names and numbers don't correspond eg: Australia/New Zealand has 7 names recorded but is showing a total of nine members. The same thing applies to many other regions as well.

Mary

Mary,
It looks as though our new members' names and locations are showing, so that's good.:)
I'm guessing that members who are no longer active (don't show up as members anymore in the member's list) lost their display name when the list was updated and members were removed. The poll still records that they voted, but doesn't record who they were.
I just looked checked one area for a member's name who was banned . . . he was on it before, but he's gone now.:eek:I think that's the answer!

Mary,
It looks as though our new members' names and locations are showing, so that's good.:)
I'm guessing that members who are no longer active (don't show up as members anymore in the member's list) lost their display name when the list was updated and members were removed. The poll still records that they voted, but doesn't record who they were.
I just looked checked one area for a member's name who was banned . . . he was on it before, but he's gone now.:eek:I think that's the answer!

You are 100% correct. Members that have been purged are still showing on the poll as guests.

Then there's me.
Almost right in the middle of Canada in the bald prairies. Flat like a pancake the French would say.
Been in Saskatoon (Toon Town) since day one..........46 years.
And not like some other Canadians, I DID remember to vote.

Cheers to you all!

Geees Freddie (LOL)
Just saw this tonite or might,hey im on call for work.....can't sleep
gotta run soon.

Yup Canadian eh whole 47 years of it ,could be why im still waiting
for an appointment for surgery eh?? hahah couldn't resist.

zipper2(DEB)

I'm bumping this back up.
If you're a new member, and haven't voted, please do!:)

I was born in New York, then moved to Florida when my father semi-retired in 1976. In 1979 at age 18 I joined the Navy. During my time in the Navy I was stationed at

Orlando Naval Training Center
Great Lakes
Camp Lejeune
Orlando again
Bethesda Naval Hosp.
Great Lakes again
San Diego
Subic Bay Philippines(where I met my wife Leonita)

I left the Navy in 1989. While in the Navy I remained a registered voter in Florida, using my parents address as my home.

Since 1989, I've lived in Palm Beach County FL, more specifically Lantana. In 1998 the wife and I moved, but it was a short one. About 1 mile in distance as the crow flies.

Travel wise I been to all 50 states if only briefly in a half dozen cases. Internationally I've traveled to Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, England, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland.

Born and raised in the the Greater Metro area of Denver, CO. I've never lived anywhere else! Lots of sunshine, 4 distinct seasons, beautiful mountain scenery.

I don't know too many other states that have the varied topography that Colorado does. NE we have the prairie, lots of farmland, SE has Rocky Ford melons!! Whoo hooo!. On the western slope it's very much desertlike (think Arizona and Utah). Palisade (near Grand Junction) grows some of the best peaches in the world. Then of course we have the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Skiing, fishing, camping, hiking, rock climbing...it's all here.

PLUS Denver is almost unique in that all 5 professional sports have a team here...The Broncos (NFL), The Rockies (MLB), The Avalanche (NHL), The Rapids (Soccer), The Nuggets (NBA) plus we have the Mammoth - professional Lacrosse.

There is a thriving arts community here. Theater, museums, symphony...it's a great place to live.

I don't often get to spout off about my home state. Thanks for the opportunity!!

Latest posts

Back