Where in the World are VR members?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in the World are VR members?

• Total voters
M

Mary

Hurricane Katrina has made me wonder where our members are located. I've posted a poll that attempts to group states regionally, but it is ROUGH! Everyone vote and let other members know what state you live in. :)

You can view member's names by putting your cursor over the number voting :( for each option. I only learned that about three weeks ago!

I 'll start off by voting for Missouri! Come on Show Me State!

Mary said:
Hurricane Katrina has made me wonder where our members are located. I've posted a poll that attempts to group states regionally, but it is ROUGH! I've also included an option for Canada and one for members living somewhere besides North America. Everyone vote and let other members know what state you live in. :)
Mary, where is the poll :confused: ?

this VR member is displaced this morning, but will be back in place by late today. And if I find the poll then - I will post. Right now I am about to to be in the clouds. Thank the good Lord, bless HER/HIS heart.

Sorry about the delay in getting the poll up. I lost a state and had to go back and find it! (and no, it wasn't on the Gulf Coast)

Don't forget, you can view members by placing your cursor over the number that have responded to each option. :) Then, if you're unsure about who the member is, click on their name and their profile will come up in a another window! Pretty Neat!! :)

Oh my you read my mind Louisiana , Mississippi, Alabama ...yes we are still here,,lol..but its not a pretty site.. :(

I've been in FL for 19 years, but I'm still a native Indiana Hoosier at heart. Took kind of a round-about route to FL: After I graduated from school I did stints in NJ, NY, OH, NJ (again), NC, then finally FL.
We've managed to dodge the hurricanes so far, but fear our turn is coming one of these days. Our house is almost 4 miles from the water but only 15' above the normal high tide level. Seeing the scenes of the Gulf Coast is pretty scary.

Mark

I'm from the great state of Georgia, the good old U S of A :D . Not that other Georgia across the ocean far, far away :D :D .

I was born and raised in Georgia but was displaced by the DRAFT (ANYONE REMEMBER THOSE DAYS) in 1967 :eek: . I was a resident of Georgia even while I was in the military. In 1993, I retired and moved back to Georgia, 9 miles from where I originally lived. Talk about a circle :D . One person who was helping us pack for our move back to Georgia said something to the effect: "Guess this will make you look forward to your next move". To which I replied, "The next time I move will be FEET FIRST out the back door." :eek: :D :D Guess its not my time to move on yet, although in January I came a little closer than I wanted right now :eek: :eek: :eek: . Got too many Grandkids to spoil :eek: :D .

One thing that comes to mind about our membership: "THE'RE EVERYWHERE, THE'RE EVERYWHERE". I look forward to the days when our group turns into the ones that took a pill (or no worse than a shot) to fix their heart problems. Hope I'm around to witness that.

May God Bless,

Danny

Kentucky

Kentucky

A kentucky resident here, for over 27 years. I'm a native Indiana Hoosier also, however. I didn't travel far...northern Indiana to central Kentucky. This will be an interesting thread. I'm looking forward to reading the posts. Thanks Mary.

Wise

Great Thread, Mary

I'm born and bred on Long Island.....58 years worth!! However, we will be becoming Virginians within the next year or so. We just bought about 5 acres in the town of Gloucester....on the middle penninsula. Anyone from down there on the site?

I know I sure will miss my BAGELS when we move!!!!

Evelyn

Dick and I were both born in CT- same town we live in now- 72 years for Dick and 62 years for me. We were lucky to also have all our family here also, except for one sister-in-law who lived in OK. For the last 19 years, we have been spending most of the winter months in FL.

Better leave the poll up for a while - I think that LA, AL and MS might be a bit underrepresented just now!

Only me in Europe so far! :( I feel so alone. lol

Wheres Gemma and Jan?? I'll vote for them soon so Idont look so pathetic on my own...

Still thinking of you all over there with that weather of yours! Were talking about it at work today and how appalling and shocking it all is!

Love Emma
xxx

I was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky and still consider it home. My parents (who are in their eighties) and most of my family still live there, so I get home quite a bit. The reason I still consider it home is because since I married almost 34 years ago, my husband and I have lived in Alabama, North Carolina, Georgia, Washington, Tennessee, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Maryland, back to Georgia, and then two years ago moved here to Florida. All of these moves were thanks to Uncle Sam (my husband was in ROTC at the U. of Alabama) and S.C. Johnson...a family company. So it's hard for me to say any place is home except good ole' Kentucky! Seen a lot of this beautiful country though and made a lot of good friends.

I'm a Missourian through and through. I was born and raised in Joplin, MO. My husband was born only 1/2 mile from where our farm is now. In fact it was his folks old farm. All this going on makes me so glad that I live in the great state of Missouri, although it won't be long until tonado season. Ugh! !

EmmaCornish said:
Only me in Europe so far! :( I feel so alone. lol

Wheres Gemma and Jan?? I'll vote for them soon so Idont look so pathetic on my own...

I'm here! There's loads of us in Europe, just may take a while for everyone to post. Let's see, there's Billy in Ireland, you, me, Jan, Phil D, Brad, ClickerTicker, and some others whose names escape me in England, Scotty (I think from Scotland LOL) then Valve-Viking in Sweden (I think, half of me says Norway so if I'm wrong sorry!)

You're not alone Emma :)

Gemma xx

Mary said:
Georgia,
I think you hit the wrong button. It's showing you in Asia, Africa, or S. America! Maybe Ross can fix it, if it won't let you edit it. :)
Fixed at 8:00 pm

Only me from South America?

Only me from South America?

I'm here in Brazil. I was born in a city called Joinville in the state of Santa Catarina, but I was raised in Curitiba - PR. I did live in Scotland for a couple of years though, but haven't been back there since 1988.
Débora

Born in Missouri, lived in NY as a baby, then moved to Illinois... grew up there, lived in San Antonio for a short time. Most recently - N. Wisconsin but now in Titletown USA :)

Cris

Latest posts

Back