Where in the World are VR members?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in the World are VR members?

• Total voters
I voted(?) quite a while ago but had fun reading all the messages of where people are from.

I am from a far north suburb of Chicago so I think Chicago is part of southern Illinois LOL!! Since I have minors I won't name the town but it is pretty close to Great America -a Six Flag park.

I started out in Madison Wisconsin though. Andrew has lived here all his life; well near hear at least as we bought the house when he was a babe.;)

More about Hicksville

More about Hicksville

My mom's cousin lived in Hicksville (LI) from just after WWII until retiring to Hampton Bays a few years ago - I visited there several times over the years. I believe Hicksville was one of the very first post-war bedroom suburbs with small, affordable houses targeting the returning vets.

Georgia said:
My mom's cousin lived in Hicksville (LI) from just after WWII until retiring to Hampton Bays a few years ago - I visited there several times over the years. I believe Hicksville was one of the very first post-war bedroom suburbs with small, affordable houses targeting the returning vets.

The house my wife and I had up there was built in 1948, we bought it from the original owner. As far as affordable - hmm, the house I have in GA is five times larger and almost the same price.

Hicksville was named after Elias Hicks who was born in 1748.

His write up: http://www.nndb.com/people/865/000103556/

Born in Chicago, raised until I was 12 in Chicago, then Dad moved us to suburb of Chicago, when I got married I then moved to outer boonies of Chicago and at age 49 got a job working in Chicago. Guess even though I live in the "Boonies" I have always been a Chicagoan at heart!:D

Lorraine said:
Born in Chicago, raised until I was 12 in Chicago, then Dad moved us to suburb of Chicago, when I got married I then moved to outer boonies of Chicago and at age 49 got a job working in Chicago. Guess even though I live in the "Boonies" I have always been a Chicagoan at heart!:D
Sillyago. I think I know some people there.

Attention Midwest Members!!!!!!!!!!

Attention Midwest Members!!!!!!!!!!

There has been an influx of new members from the Southeast/ coastal states and they are about to catch and overrun us!

We could lose our coveted position in this very haphazard, data collecting survey!:eek: :eek:

If you haven't voted, now's the time! Your region NEEDS you!:p :p :p :p

Mary said:
There has been an influx of new members from the Southeast/ coastal states and they are about to catch and overrun us!

We could lose our coveted position in this very haphazard, data collecting survey!:eek: :eek:

If you haven't voted, now's the time! Your region NEEDS you!:p :p :p :p
Mary,
It is surprising that they are not the majority considering the number of retirees in the Southeast- could be that a large majority of seniors are not using computers and therefore not accessing our wonderful site.:(

As Mary suggested in the "Map of Members" tread, I'll re-start this poll as it was started before I joined.....

I live in Waterdown, Ontario which is now part of the "Greater City of Hamilton". Actually, for most people who don't know their Ontario geography, it's just outside Toronto.

Before that I lived in Windsor, London (Ontario that is), Burlington, Hamilton, Toronto, and Montreal (Quebec born and raised).

Born in NYC, moved to Dallas as a toddler, then to Chicago as a little girl, then St. Louis until I was 28. I then moved (immigrated) to Montreal (Quebec).

Mary posted this poll.. 2 years ago..on Sept. 1, 2005..so if you have already voted...don't vote again:D Will really throw it off..but new members in the past 2 years should vote.Bonnie

Home in the islands

Home in the islands

I'm originally from western Pennsylvania but have lived in the islands (25 years of Kauai and 5 of Oahu) ever since I got off the farm. While I was growing up Mom always took me some place nice for a couple weeks once a year. That didn't make sense to me. Now I go some place crappy for two weeks once a year.

Put me down for southern Illinois since everything south of Chicago qualifies.

Born in Maryland.

Lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Alabama, Alaska, Japan, California, Missouri, Germany, Illinois, Hawaii, and Georgia. We moved to Florida seven years ago, so that is what we now claim as ?home.?

Then there's me.
Almost right in the middle of Canada in the bald prairies. Flat like a pancake the French would say.
Been in Saskatoon (Toon Town) since day one..........46 years.
And not like some other Canadians, I DID remember to vote.

Cheers to you all!

Back