Week 9 scar / tanline

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wait 'till I'm done with cardio rehab before letting the chest hair come back ;) Those sticky things at rehab hurt too much with hair! I wasn't planning to put self tanner on the scar itself, just the white area next to it, being careful not to get any on the scar. Yea, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck a tawdry shirt is..... Is that a brand name or something?

Tawdry as in: (adjective) cheap and gaudy in appearance or quality, kind of like a really bad Hawaiian shirt, and it made the cute acronym TOOTS. If you look at the first sticky Ross put up on it, sounds like they had some shirts members would mail and then member receiving would mail to another member for photo and then post here. Most of the early photos show folks in the shirt with the buttons open so the scar showed. None of this topless stuff like the young folk are posting now! ;)

I think it's now become kind of free-for-all as for posting scar photos.

That scar is looking pretty good. I don't have any advice about tanning but originally I thought I was going to use my time off to get some sun since I am normally holed up in an office all day. I came across this thread on day 2 and just decided to stay out of the sun. It has also been a very warm summer here in Chicago, so it was not that tough of a decision.

Allison, you're vision must still be fuzzy from the surgery. No six pack, just a keg.

Bean, you're probably smart to stay out of the sun. I guess they've got some new spray-on stuff now that makes tanning obsolete. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my to-do list ;)

Every sunny day since my surgery on March 4, 2010 I have walked around without my shirt and nothing covering the scar. Therefore, I don't have a light coloured strip. My advice is to just skip the tape over the zipper and enjoy the sun. If you burn easily, use sunscreen.

George

My scar is similar, I often go without a shirt and no-one has ever commented on it. We often go shirtless in the U.K. in good weather unlike the USA ( certain parts from personal experience ) where they look at you as if you are exposing yourself. We don't get too much sun so why not enjoy it?

Latest posts

Back