Wait I still function

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robb Wilder

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have made it through the surgery. Everything went well and I am already out of icu. They had the vent tube out by 5:00 pm yesterday. I am weak but just ate my third meal. I only have a chest tube and an iv. It's hard to focus so I'll write more later.

Don't be in any rush! I couldn't even type on day two. Just rest, eat, sleep, breath and walk. That's your job for the next 6 weeks.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are moving along well and they had the vent out pretty quickly since I know you were worried about that.

7d197613-c7b9-4ebb-98dc-1f69a61b971.jpg

You'll be even better once they get the chest tube out. Great to hear you're doing well though! Write more later when you feel up to it, but like Ross said, no rush, we'll be here! Of course, then Ross said to get your ass out of bed and walk, lol. You never know which side of Ross you're gonna get ;) But he's right (this time, lol) walking and breathing are very important!

Jeez, Robb, it was 5 days before I had enough energy to post online. Take it easy!

Anyway, congrats!

3 meals in the first day out of ICU?

You're doing GREAT !

Maybe they'll send you home tomorrow :)

Well, NOT really, especially if you're still not focusing well.

It WILL get better, but don't be supprised if you take 2 steps forward and 1 step back every once in a while.
And TRY to resist the temptation to 'return to normal' too soon. Your Body will tell you when it wants to Rest...LISTEN.
Don't forget to push your Breathing Exercises and Walk when you feel the energy.
Many of us (more 'elderly' patients) found that recovery takes longer than we would like.
PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE wins the race.

I can tell, You'll do Great.

'AL C'

Hi Robb,

Sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. Take it easy and do not push yourself.

Latest posts

Back