The Day is July 1st

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country

I am going under the knife on thursday the 1st and for pre op on wed. the 30th! They didnt have me schedualed untill the 16th but i didnt want to wait that long so i had them bump me up a few weeks!!

It still doesnt seem like i am going to have it done in a few days!!

i have never spent any time in the hospital so i dont really know what to expect but i am not really too worried about it. it will be a new and interesting expierience!!

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery. I haven't spent much time in the hospital either. I just spent 4 days there - you won't get lonely. They never leave you alone! You don't have to worry about sleep because when you fall asleep - they wake up up every couple hours. Very interesting expeince for the newbie. One nurse frightened me so when I really feel asleep and she wanted to check me out that I jumped being startled and she jumped higher! We were laughing at 4am about it all. They take pretty good care of you when you have heart problems.

Looking forward to reading about your recovery!

Pat

Boy oh boy did Pat ever hit the nail on the head
"we just woke you to see if you needed somethinmg to help you to sleep"
THEN JUST TRY to get back to sleep LOL

best of luck and looking forward to hearing about the recovery going smoothly

Greg

hopefully i will keep a good and humorous attitude while i am there.... usually i am pretty sarcastic and in good spirits in situations like this . but i could see a few "colorful" words coming out of my mouth depending on what they have or dont have me doing!! ha

now that i think of it maybe the staff will be benifical for me..... i have a large family and they can be over welming at times. so i could see the family being worse then the staff!! ha! in my family we have a wierd way of communicating also.... if i make a rude gesture to them, they will get the point and find something else to do for a bit!! lol something you really have to be part of to understand maybe? i dunno

Pat.... I read about your little trip to the hospital and im glad that you are back at home doing ok!! better safe then sorry though!!

I dont know if the hospital has wifi yet but i plan on bringing the laptop just in case.... maybe i can keep things posted!! Thanks For the Support!!

When I was in ICU I wasn't disturbed for anything. You'll have so many lines in you, no one will need to poke you for blood or anything. I didn't sleep much the night after I had surgery, but that was just me, not anything about the hospital. The nurse was in my room a lot, but she was never obtrusive. I only knew she was there because I was awake. For me it was very quiet there and restful. It's not quite the same when you're out of ICU, but the good part is that means you'll be going home soon.

I'm sure you'll do well and while it may not be the most pleasant experience in the world, a lot of people are there to help you.

The positive attitude and humor will be a huge help! Keep it up! And those nurses appreciate it too. It's a spiral, your positive energy lifts their spirirts, and then theirs lifts yours even more! I remember asking my nurse that first night after surgery, while still in ICU for some gum. I think she got a kick out of it, and gave me some of her personal stash out of her purse! It lifted my spirits even more (I was already feeling good cause I had made it to the other side) to see her smile. Helped me feel like things were already getting back to normal (I'd never been in a hospital before either).

Latest posts

Back