Strange Object in Body ???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't have a plug after my heart cath. I really think something was left in my groin after being on the heart lung pump. The location is right in that area. The best way I can describe what it looked like on the x-ray is that it looked like a pop rivet, with some jaggedy stuff on the bottom. Maybe some type of surgical clip???

I'm anxious/excited to hear what the radiologist thinks. I'm also calling my surgeon this morning to ask if there was something left in the artery or that area - heck, if it is supposed to be there then I can quit wondering. I'm not very patient...

Your description sounds like some sort of Sheath that a tube or catheter is inserted through that *should have been removed* after the procedure.

It's amazing that it has been inside you for such a long period of time without your awareness until now.

I'm guessing that the surgeon is wracking his mind about how to respond to this situation!

Is this reminding anyone else of the Seinfeld episode with the Junior Mint? Not trying to make light of the situation, though, and hope you find out very soon what it is. My surgeon sister-in-law has told me before that things are left in patients more often than you would think.

I know, I know, you were abducted by aliens and they put an implant in you while you were in the hospital, then returned you there before they noticed. Yeah, that explains it. It's an alien tracking chip. :D

My first smart alek thought was alien abduction and some kind of tracking device. I have been around Ross too long.:rolleyes::D;)

I am sorry you are having pain and going through this. I know they do check lists of things like clamps and sponges after surgery and before closing but, if something dislodged from the end of the pump tube, it might not be noticed.

Hopefully it can be removed without too much invasion.

Hmmmm....I hadn't considered the alien abduction theroy! Still no news, the radiologist's full report is due tomorrow.

Depending on what the report shows, I may be asking for advice on my next step.

Life is certainly full of twists and turns, isn't it?

Thanks to all who have commented - stay tuned for the next episode in the crazy life of Faye!

Faye-

We would all love to hear about what the results are. But one thing to consider.

If you are planning any kind of lawsuit, I wouldn't post any more here or anywhere else, it could compromise your suit. The opposing side may do an online search to see what you have said about things.

UFO tentatively ID'd

UFO tentatively ID'd

I finally found time to post an update. The radiologist who reviewed my films tentatively identified the Unidentified Faye Object as a tubal ligation clip. I did have a tubal ligation 25 years ago but was surprised to hear this as I had a total hysterectomy last fall.

I called my GYN who told me that sometimes clips fall off and migrate. I didn't believe him but Google confirmed it does happen! I still am not sure how it wasn't noticed during my hysterectomy.

Tomorrow I go to a doc to see what it will take to remove it as I am still having discomfort.

Who woulda thunk it??

My first smart alek thought was alien abduction and some kind of tracking device. I have been around Ross too long.:rolleyes::D;)

I'm just happy that some of you can think outside the box and have a small laugh or at least a smile at the thought. Lord knows we have all been through enough.

I don't know. I still think the alien abduction theory has merit. It might be sending signals. Do you get digital HDTV on that thing?

I hope things go easily and quickly for you with the removal. Afterwards, you should find the original surgeon for the hysterectomy, and he should be forced to wear the clip on his nose for a month.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back