Simon Applegate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobagotwo

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Many of you may remember Simon from his days within our site as Bonzo Dog. He has recently undergone an arduous surgery, and his wife forwarded this to Mary. I've been entrusted to bring this to you, a duty I take on with great seriousness, as Simon is a very good person:

My husband Simon asked you to let you know how his operation went. His operation was 8 days ago and was long and difficult, he is still very sick in intensive care following it. As you will be aware it was expected to be a difficult and complex surgery, in the end he needed the aortic valve and root replacing, the aortic arch replacing and repairs to mitral and tricuspid valves. He was in theatre for 17 hours as had difficulty getting him off the bypass. Arrived in ICU looking grey and unwell and has been unconcious since. He has made slow progress in the right direction, drugs have been reduced, off renal dialysis and breathing on his own. We remain concerned about his overall unstable condition and when he may regain conciousness and of course worried about brain damage
I will let you know how things progress, hopefully with a good report soon

Love Linda

Please offer your thoughts and prayers for Simon.

Thank you,

Simon (Bonzo Dog), please know that I am pulling for you and sending all the positive
vibes that I can. Let your strong character get you through this, you have alot to live
for, with or without your crocodile suit.
(Many thanks to Mary and TobagoTwo for sharing this)

Last edited:
Bonzo can you hear me cheering you on
Pretty good cheer without those photobucket pics of cigs
as you called fags (LOL)cheering at me to quit.
Miss all the photobucket pics along with your great posts.
Continuing to send out to you and Linda my thoughts and prayers
and see you later alligator, in awhile crocodile

Many thanks for forwarding this Mary and Tabagotwo

Bonzo, been thinking about you for a few days now. Glad to see things are at least moving in the right direction, if not very speedily. Linda, hang in there, we're all with you.

Mary, tobagotwo, thanks for the update

Thank you, Bob and Mary, for letting us know about Bonzo.

Simon and Linda, you are in my thoughts and I wait with others here for the good news that, while it may be slow, things go well.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Bonzo is quite the character who I miss seeing online. I have all the confidence in the world that he will get through this. Prayers going out to him and his family.

Latest posts

Back