Simon Applegate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear this latest news on Simon. Hopefully, they caught the infection in time and have him on the right meds to get everything undercontrol. Please let him know I'm thinking of him.

Kim

praying for successful treatment that will heal him completely and asking God to pleas hurry. Those infections are tough.

Thank you Mary, tobago and especially Linda for keeping us in the loop. Linda, take care of yourself, too. We know you are having it tough, too. Blessins........

I'm sorry you have to endure this Simon,you and Linda know
you are both surrounded by caring thoughts,prayers and our
wish is to see you back here and we are thinking of you and
praying doublely for a full recovery....Pull your strenght we know
you have and i know your winning,were all beside you in this...

Tabagotwo.....Thank-you again for the update

Oh Bonzo...Simon...hang in there and keep the faith. Every hour is one more closer to recovery and you have loads of people from around the world pulling for you.

Thanks to Linda, Mary and Tobagotwo Bob for keeping us in the loop...we worry when one of us is having to fight such a difficult battle. Linda...maybe you would like to print off this thread and read it to him....just so he knows!!

Another Simon update: 090109

Another Simon update: 090109

Received today for passing along:
Mary

Simon has had a couple of stable days with signs of some small improvements.
It is heartening to hear from you of other people who have recovered from
being so unwell, He is being cared for by the best of staff who are also
supporting us and keeping us fully informed of all aspects of his
progress. We will remain optimistic and hope and pray that I can share some
good news soon

Love Linda

Very happy to be hearing somewhat better news. You are both in my thoughts.

Very Best wishes,

I just want you to know that even a small gain in Simon's situation should be considered a very big thing. His condition is pretty fragile now, and the fact that he is coming along, even slowly, is an excellent sign. Keep reminding him to fight with all his might, and to never lose hope, and Linda, you do the same.

I know how terrible it is to see someone whom you love in such precarious condition, but I also know the joy when they are able to pull out of the depths.

He's a strong guy. I have faith in his body's ability to continue on in the right direction. And God willing, may he never again have to face anything like this.

Read the much anticipated update and continuing to Pray
so hard for both Simon and Linda as they get through this
and reach the top of the mountain together,we are going
together with God and hold your hands and help you over to
reach the top........Hold on were almost there.....God Bless
and tons of prayers at you...Continue Simon,your winning
With Linda and so many friends here we hold your hand and are
cheering you on now,know that you are surrounded in these wishes
thoughts and strong prayers

Simon Update 090209

Simon Update 090209

Another snibble of information...

Mary

...Presently one of the things I am struggling with is not being able to converse with him and not having his company. I do talk to Simon and pass on all the best wishes he has been sent from the many people who care for him.
The news today is mixed, it seems that the infection is under control, his liver and renal fuction have improved and his digestive system is working, but he had a transoesophageal echo yesterday which had revealed that his ventricular function is poor at only about 25% of normal. We are hoping that this is due to sepsis and different drugs are being tried to help too.

I too feel supported and gain comfort from prayers from all denominations and value your support

Linda

The depressed ventricular function could well be from the sepsis, as well as from some of the treatments for other issues he's having. I hope he's off any BP meds at this point, as they would seem to be counterproductive.

You and Simon remain in my thoughts.

Very best wishes,

Latest posts

Back