right after surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TauntT

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Here are a few pictures of me right after surgery.

Attachments

• mom2..jpg
    mom2..jpg
    34 KB · Views: 91
ok, I'm home!!!! things didn't go quite as I had it planned but I try to plan too much anyway :) had surgery on the 21st and everything went great...On the day that I would finally get a shower( and we all know how much we look forward to those :) )they informed me that I would be needing a pace maker because i had a couple of episodes where my heart got lazy and only wanted to beat once every 9 secs. (can't have that so pacemaker was implanted on the 24th) everything seems to be working fine. I guess I didn't expect to be so emotional, afterall I'm still here. It might be the drugs:) My son posted the photos for me and in a few days I'll post the before and after(gotta get some of that doublesided tape cause now it may be a little more difficult to show the scars and still be able to claim to have never posted any nudes on the interner. :) will post soon but now I must get some rest. Thanks for the prayers

Hi Teresa,
I'm glad you're home! I got the weepies, too, especially when I got home. Heck, I started crying in the car I was so glad to be going home. It's probably a combination of the stress, medication, and God knows whatever else. There was a real sense of feeling overwhelmed that I got when I first was home, but I think that's pretty normal. My weepies were more about being glad to have survived and being well and grateful for all who did so much for me, than they were about being sad. Take care, and take it easy and you'll be better!

Hi Teresa, Welcome home did you get an ICD or just a pacemaker?
KEEP YOUR LEFT ARM DOWN !!!!!!! I found a bag of frozen peas or corn worked best for swelling and bruses.
IN THE MEANTIME FOLLOW YOUR STERNAL PRECAUTIONS TO THE LETTERHEED THESE STERNAL WARNINGS as copied from the University of Wisconsin

-Do not lift more than 8 pounds. (A gallon of milk weighs 8 pounds.)
-Do not push or pull with your arms when moving in bed and getting out of bed.
-Do not flex or extend your shoulders over 90°.
-Avoid reaching too far across your body.
-Avoid twisting or deep bending.
-Do not hold your breath during activity.
-Brace your chest when coughing or sneezing. This is vital during the first 2 weeks at home.
-No driving.
-Avoid long periods of over the shoulder activity.
-If you feel any pulling or stretching in your chest, stop what you are doing. Do not repeat the motion that caused this feeling.
-Report any clicking or popping noise around your chest bone to your surgeon right away.

This as I said is copied from the university site
Keep a pillow handy at all times for coughing sneezing and laughing

Latest posts

Back