Reminder: Medical Alert info bracelet, necklace, etc.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
The last few months we have many new post op valvers here at vr.org
One of the best things that could end up under the Christmas Tree this year is some kind of Medical Alert identification item.

My own is a thin sterling silver bracelet identifying:
Mechanical aortic valve
Anticoagulated
It also has a hotline phone number to access my med info, doctor name, surgeon name, and personal emerg phone numbers.

Yes, I also have a wallet card, but I don't tend to shower or swim with my wallet.:rolleyes: And in a car accident the first thing to fly out the window is a ladies purse.
Hmmm, maybe Santa will bring me another bracelet with some pretty beads

I wear my bracelet 24x7. Mine is stainless steel, no beads either.

I put my card in my wallet next to my drivers license. This way when someome gets my ID, they will see the card. I figure without an ID, people will not look for a card. I would rather be pessimistic on this.

I never leave home without it. I take it off to sleep and to swim.

I also use it as a medicine reminder. It goes on the the morning after I take my morning meds, and comes off at night after I take my night meds.

Lyn, yes I get those Medic Alert org newsletters and brochures with the latest styles....too tempting.
Scott, Me too....my info card is right beside my drivers license and hospital cards.
Tom, my arrhythmias are worst at night so I am sleeping with that bracelet on as much as I would prefer it off.
Nelson, Med ID stuff is made in every style imaginable these days. I treat it as regular jewelry, love it.

I've been missing something.
What Medic Alert newsletters and brochures? I haven't received nothing from them - except a reminder that my renewal is due :redface2:

My medic alert bracelet has a hinged lid and it has my name engraved on the outside and on the inside of the is engraved with MVR A/fib blood thinners and lanoxin. And there is a little box area for a piece of paper and I have all information written on that. The medical problem again and who to notify and other medications , doctor and surgeon. It has a stretch band and I love it. I just wish I could someday afford a totally gold one.
I ordered it from the jewelry store and have replaced it a couple of times. I wear it 24/7 as all of my emergencies happened at night or evening.
I looked at the site for the Wal greens one that drivetoplesss posted about and that sounded interesting. The only thing it needs it a place to store a brief hard copy of info. As Greg pointed out in a real emergency someone may not have access to a computer. But otherwise I would like to have one.

I renewed my Medic Alert membership yesterday. The woman at Medic Alert told me that rates will go up Jan. 1 -- one year will go from $30 to $35, 3 years (what I've done) will go from $75 to $90, I think she said. I was going to go with just 1 year, then reup after Feb. 1. I decided to go with 3 years once again.
My Medic Alert decal on my car window has faded; I should call to get a new one.......

I've got a silver medical alert bracelet but don't normally carry my card or my valve information....should i be? xxx

I've got a silver medical alert bracelet but don't normally carry my card or my valve information....should i be? xxx

Do you have a Medicalert bracelet with an 1-800 phone number that they can call and get alot more info than is what is on your emblem (such as surgeries, doctors contacts people to call in case of an emergency?) or one of the other companys that just have the bracelet and no other service? I think if you have an actual medicalert.org or one like that with the phone service, you are probably fine with just the bracelet.

Do you have a Medicalert bracelet with an 1-800 phone number that they can call and get alot more info than is what is on your emblem (such as surgeries, doctors contacts people to call in case of an emergency?) or one of the other companys that just have the bracelet and no other service? I think if you have an actual medicalert.org or one like that with the phone service, you are probably fine with just the bracelet.

Info on my bracelet gives a phone number and says CALL COLLECT........

I wouldn't know how to call anyone collect today. (Do we have telephone operators anymore?)

Back