Posting a & day picture

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartman77

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well here is my new chest at 7 days....they say all looks good and its coming along nicely..you can see the pacemaker pouch in the upper right side of my chest.........Mike
100_0212.jpg

Mike, looking good for 7 days, also had the staples and similar bruising at top, just going away now, staple removal likely next 3-5 days??

Believe your pacemaker is on upper left

I see the holes for the electrical wires i think, but no drain holes?, although some brusing where i would have thought the drains...can you clarify?

Ross will likely move you to the Tawdry threads soon though

staple removal should be on Tues when I go go the surgeon's office....a few people have told me to let the nurses in the office take them out as they are more gentle lol....I have never had staples so haven't felt the removal process..I am sure they use some tool but what is it like? .....Love...Michael

staple removal should be on Tues when I go go the surgeon's office....a few people have told me to let the nurses in the office take them out as they are more gentle lol....I have never had staples so haven't felt the removal process..I am sure they use some tool but what is it like? .....Love...Michael

Kind of like the same deal they use to remove paper staples, just made a little differently. It pinches the staples in the middle, causing the underfolds, to angle up and out. It pinches a bit, but no big deal.

Gil Just had his out recently so I'm sure will comment on what it was like. I didn't have staples. Looking good Mike! Once those staples come out, the Frankenstiein efffect will go away (again, reference Gil, lol). Maybe because they used staples, not sure, Gil's looked better than mine, and I'm pretty happy with mine. So maybe those staples keep things together tighter or something. And yea, why is your 'drain tube area' bruised? I just had a hole (which I don't see in your pic) but no bruising.

Mike,

The deal is pluck one side, pluck other side pluck out and repeat...small pinches, you are likely to live as most people survive the procedure.

but the deal is the nurse has to be 70+ to perform the staple removal, so likely why it is done at doctor's office.

just kidding on 2nd line 1st line is factual

Now I 'get it' why they sometimes call our chest incisions 'zippers'. My skin was glued shut. No stitches or staples.

Thanks for the picture. Your scar looks like a nice, neat line and seems to be healing very well.
The swollen bump at the top is common for most of us and will fade away soon.
Best Wishes.

Latest posts

Back