Picture two weeks post op..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offwego

Just took this picture two weeks post op...You can see the scar from the minimally invasive surgery that is 8 years ago almost to the day...it's redder than usual as I just took a shower, that scar is often not even noticed.The new incision scar is still raised higher than I would like but I suppose it will settle down in the coming weeks. It's healing fast and literally every single morning I notice I have more flexibility and the whole thing feels 'stronger'' thats a daily occurrence and i Love that feeling.

I searched for some 'scar' creams...and don't know if they are completely fake or just partially fake..the incision is perfectly closed and I am sure I can put stuff on it or around it...

14t7khz.jpg

Thank you kindly for showering before your picture session. LOL ;)
That scar is looking good and I wouldn't mess with it right now except for the normal cleansing.
Oh, and congrats on joining the topless TOOTS gang !!

pretty embarrassing to see this pic here...but..I earned it...ouch...

After reading about various 'scar' creams, etc. I decided to put simple petroleum jelly the length of the incision...Let's see if it does anything but it seems to be a good idea anyway as that area is really dry...

Wait, am I supposed to be wearing a shirt? Should I take another pic? am i in trouble with the scar police....and lastly if I were a woman would it have been fine? haha

pretty embarrassing to see this pic here...but..I earned it...ouch...

After reading about various 'scar' creams, etc. I decided to put simple petroleum jelly the length of the incision...Let's see if it does anything but it seems to be a good idea anyway as that area is really dry...

I dont know what instructions you got but most surgeons/staff say NOT to put anything on the incision until it is completely healed over, or tell you to wait a month or so.

Offwego!
I agree....You earned it. Looks like the scar is on par with the healing (nice and straight :)). . As Lyn said, I too was told not to put anything on my scar (other than keeping it clean) until it healed.

Wait, am I supposed to be wearing a shirt? Should I take another pic? am i in trouble with the scar police....and lastly if I were a woman would it have been fine? haha

Ha ha Scar police.

The scar looks great. What procedure did you have done? i am going in on the 29th for AV replacement.

Looks great and so does the scar. ;-)
I didn't put anything on my scar until 4 weeks out.
I'm using those silicone sheets you can buy over the counter. They are working better than creams I tried to flatten and lighten the redbess of the scar. You can cut them in half to spread them over your scar and save some $$.

Ha ha Scar police.

The scar looks great. What procedure did you have done? i am going in on the 29th for AV replacement.

I had Mitral Valve repair...The first surgery was minimally invasive (you can of course see that scar too) to repair the Mitral Valve 8 years ago..Unfortunately that repair didn't hold and slowly but steadily it's been in a decline...I was told twice that most likely a re repair would not be possible but as you can imagine I was delighted to wake up post op to find out that in the surgeon's words, "We were able to re repair. it went perfectly".

Good luck with your consult. I'm sure you will do well..the hardest part is the waiting!

wow your scar really did heal well! The doctor checked mine out today and said it's doing great..He also assured me it should flatten out over time...No complaints today...got a great report on all levels...doing me a ton of good.

I am noticing that my incision is much flatter than it was! I'm so glad about that...It really bothered me and looked like a small 'rope' on my chest!

I would estimate that in the last two weeks, it's reduced in 'height' at least 50% if not more!

Looks good, but I have to say, guys have it better since chest hair is going to grow back and cover most of it anyway.:biggrin2:

I asked the doctor's assistant if it would have been possible to have a plastic surgeon sew things up..she said it was and would have cost another $8000....I'm surprised I have never heard that option discussed here or at the doctor's office...For a woman, I would think many would go for it...and I would have preferred it too...but i do sorta like the scar now that it's healing...

I asked the doctor's assistant if it would have been possible to have a plastic surgeon sew things up..she said it was and would have cost another $8000....I'm surprised I have never heard that option discussed here or at the doctor's office...For a woman, I would think many would go for it...and I would have preferred it too...but i do sorta like the scar now that it's healing...

Over a period of time many scars can actually take on a mellow and blended-in appearance, mine has; but my
wires (7) now protrude freakishly. Too bad Hallowe'en is only one day a year ;)

Latest posts

Back