Justin decided NOT to operate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
am SOO sorry to keep everyone waiting. What a day, to start with after many ours in pre-op they decided NOT to operate.I'll keep this short so I can post it and you can read it but we got their at 10 am, about noon paperwork done, in gown and IV started and we wait and wait, 9and I was losing my pleasant personality more with each hour of not eating or drinking and sitting in hard chairs with each person that walked in and said we have no idea when surgery will be). Finally around 230 Dr Lowe and the rest of his team come in to take him up and look at the bad spot that has looked great since it was lanced and had antibiotics and decided MAYBE he did NOT need surgery. I did NOT handle that well, since way back in the beginning we were told it would get better and come back until everything was cleaned up. I also pointed out it looked JUST the same when we were in for pre OP testing just last week AND back in DEc when we met with Spray Dec 3, which was the day AFTER he orgionally would have had surgery until we decided we wanted Dr Spray. SO they call Spray down and he looked and felt his sternum and said honestly since it looks good and feel good, I rather NOT mess with it. Hopefully it was a one time thing and the antibiotis cleared it all out. It would probably be better to leave him alone today and then IF IT DOES come back operate then. I said IF that happens will we have to wait 3 MONTHS to schedual the surgerons we want and worry for another 3 months? Both Spray and Lowe assured me IF it comes back they wil get him in MUCH faster (I'm writing this here so you all will remeber, this in a month or 2 if the darn thing starts up and they put us thru months of this again.) so after getting there at 10 at 330 surgery was off.
so we were STARVING, grabbed some food, came home and I had to lay down before I could update again. since my back and head are killing me, I don't know rather to be THRILLED, I did Say loudly walking it "Ist a MIRICLE!! alll the prayrers worked!" but honestly part of me feels like poor Justin has this hanging over him and who knows when it wil come back and would it have been better to just get it over with? BUT I will just try to convince myself it really IS a good thing, who knows maybe he DID get a miracle and it will NEVER come back, I mean I DID, have prayers from all over the word, including the candle and inscenese in Bejings, Moom Temple, lots of Anglels watching over him, my bagie full of Saint Medal and the St John Nueman relic pack, a picture of a Jemez Indian Healing Man and of course ALL of your prayers.
WE are kind of walking in shock.

Oh gosh, Lyn, that sounds like a really rough day for both of you! Wishing you both all the best that this is resolved and won't need more surgery. Hope you've had a nice meal and are able to relax.
Luana

am SOO sorry to keep everyone waiting. What a day, to start with after many ours in pre-op they decided NOT to operate.I'll keep this short so I can post it and you can read it but we got their at 10 am, about noon paperwork done, in gown and IV started and we wait and wait, 9and I was losing my pleasant personality more with each hour of not eating or drinking and sitting in hard chairs with each person that walked in and said we have no idea when surgery will be). Finally around 230 Dr Lowe and the rest of his team come in to take him up and look at the bad spot that has looked great since it was lanced and had antibiotics and decided MAYBE he did NOT need surgery. I did NOT handle that well, since way back in the beginning we were told it would get better and come back until everything was cleaned up. I also pointed out it looked JUST the same when we were in for pro testing AND back in DEc when we met with Spray Dec 3, which was the day AFTER he orgionally would have had surgery until we decided we wanted Dr Spray. SO they call Spray down and he looked and felt his sternum and said honestly since it looks good and feel good, I rather NOT mess with it. Hopefully it was a one time thing and the antibiotis cleared it all out. It would probably be better to leave him alone today and then IF IT DOES come back operate then. I said IF that happens will we have to wait 3 MONTHS to schedual the surgerons we want and worry for another 3 months? Both Spray and Lowe assured me IF it comes back they wil get him in MUCH faster (I'm writing this here so you all will remeber, this in a month or 2 if the darn thing starts up and they put us thru months of this again.) so after getting there at 10 at 330 surgery was off.
so we were STARVING, grabbed some food, came home and I had to lay down before I could update again. since my back and head are killing me, I don't know rather to be THRILLED, I did Say loudly walking it "Ist a MIRICLE!! alll the prayrers worked!" but honestly part of me feels like poor Justin has this hanging over him and who knows when it wil come back and would it have been better to just get it over with? BUT I will just try to convince myself it really IS a good thing, who knows maybe he DID get a miracle and it will NEVER come back, I mean I DID, have prayers from all over the word, including the candle and inscenese in Bejings, Moom Temple, lots of Anglels watching over him, my bagie full of Saint Medal and the St John Nueman relic pack, a picture of a Jemez Indian Healing Man and of course ALL of your prayers.
WE are kind of walking in shock.

I choose to view it as a miracle. You all deserved it! Now we all need to pray that it never comes back . . . :)

Lyn, Well, I think that anytime you can avoid surgery it is a very good thing. I realize you don't feel at all confident that this is the end of this thing, but maybe, in the very least, this will buy him some time so he can go to school this semester. Then, if it is becomes an issue again, hopefully the timing will be better. Think positively and maybe for once, he has gotten a break.

Are they going to keep him on antibiotics?

Kim

I also think that if surgery can be avoided, it is a good thing. It sounds as if the body is trying to heal the situation. Maybe all it needs is more time to finish the job. We may not be as fast in healing as Mr. Spock, but we do heal.

I will never forget what one of Joe's doctors said (I'm paraphrasing), "You know, surgery is a wonderful thing, but we get in there and mess around with our great big human hands and instruments. The body is so delicate in its makeup, we do a lot of collateral damage in the process, that may never heal back in the same way."

Every surgery creates more scar tissue which does not act the same as the original tissue.

Let's hope that Justin's body continues to heal and he has a fine recovery.

This day must have been the most frustrating day for all.

Lyn:

Sorry you had so much frustration today, but this does sound like a miracle. Hope it continues.
Is Justin in school this semester? (I'm guessing college.) Classes began yesterday at the community college where John works, so I'm guessing that may be typical around the U.S.

What a day you and Justin have had. However, I do have to agree with the others that perhaps no surgery is a blessing in disguise. You and Justin deserve a break after everything you have been through.

Yes I am very happy he is is not currently on a vent ect. College, funny thing about that...that will be the next hurdle, he would have missed 6 week, the next semester starts tomorrow,.so we called ect they said take him off so he doesn't lose all his money, we said he wanted to take online courses so he could not lose a whole semester (and screw up insurace) so he was trying to get enough online courses, only got 1/2 he needed rest were full. NOW we have to try and get back 2 of the classes he needs that they had him drop.. oh well as Scarlet says "tomorrow is another day" we'll deal with that mess then

thank you everyone.

Wow, what an ordeal, especially with that surgery hanging over your heads, all these weeks/months.

But, what wonderful news about Justin not needing surgery!

We all hope those experts are correct and at the top of their game :) .

And Nancy, I appreciated that surgeon's paraphrase you shared, about the collateral damage even from successful surgeries.

What an ordeal for you all and i see this as a blessing,a miracle
God does things beyond our knowledge and in ways we don't even
begin to understand.
You all were in my thoughts and prayers today,relieved to see your
post and now relax abit and catch your breath Lynn it's been a very
long day,for you not counting prior to today waiting is hard and you
all proved strong till the end of this day with the result being totally
in the opposite of what we all were expecting.
GodBless this strong family and get some much deserved rest ..What a Day for all of you

((hugs))

((hugs))

Wow, Lyn! I'm like you............I don't know what to think. I am, of course, grateful - very - for the current "miracle" but hate the thought of the infection coming back.................sheesh! Maybe this was meant to be...........maybe that is why y'all had to wait three months. Anyway, I am very grateful to read the update. Take a warm bath, drink a few glasses of wine, and give that kid of yours a great big hug from Katie and me. Lots of love. Janet and Katie

Holy cow. What a day! But it's about time Justin caught a break, and we'll all be sending our wishes that this thing won't come back!

I choose to view it as a miracle. You all deserved it! Now we all need to pray that it never comes back . . . :)

Me, too, Lyn, I would like to view it as a miracle and definitely no surgery is better than surgery and I will continue praying that he won't need the surgery not at any time. It has been a great ordeal going through all this. May God bless you all.

I think I am delighted with the news. No one wants a surgery that serious if it isn't absolutely imperative.

I also think you should believe in your angels, and vibes, and prayers! :D

I hope you are resting peacefully right now and that tomorrow you will all wake up relieved and smiling at the sun.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Hi Lynn,

I know you and Justin have been very stressed out with this whole thing, but honestly I have to agree with the others. It just certainly might be a MIRICLE!

Wishing you the best Justin, with your academics and your life!

It sucks that you guys had to go though all the stress of the last few months but I really glad to hear the Justin doesn't need to go through yet another procedure. Hopefully it stays that way ! Certainly you guys deserve the break.

Are they going to keep him on antibiotics?

Kim
Ditto on this question, and also how long did they have him on the iv antiobiotics and/or any antibiotics? I hope they gave him a good course.
Did they type the bacteria..I don't remember if you told us the culprit(?)

In spite of all,I also think its best to avoid surgery if you can,and both of you know what to look for and will be on top of anything IF it occurs,so I agree with everyone else,and that it is a positive.
My best- Dina

Latest posts

Back