Im all done and home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
There's no place like home, huh? I started crying when I walked in the door, but then I also started crying when I got in the car to go home. I'm a weepy one! Kind of hard to explain to those who haven't been through it, but it's just like such an overwhelming feeling when you've been through so much and you're grateful to be ok and get your life back. I know the day before I came home, I felt like I was going stir-crazy in the hospital. I even wondered if I really did have a life to go back to!

Ease on into your home routine. Rest, enjoy and get some laughs in as long as it doesn't hurt your chest.

Way to go Mike! And so cool of you to help others while you were there - lots of love for continued good health.

I'll remember finally leaving the hospital for a ling time. Felt great. Glad things are going so well for you Mike. Take it easy for awhile and don't push too hard.

Malibu....the man next to me had few visitors who didn't stay long but i told them I would look after him, so I made sure he always had some ice chips and something cold to drink. One night I got the Food unit people to bring him some sherbet and you would have thought he won the lottery he was so grateful and happy. I almost cried. His wife had predeceased him, and I know if I was 77 and alone, I would hope someone would give me a hand. That's the way life is supposed to work. We are all just trying to make our way through the best we can. And I'm so happy to have all of you for my heart brothers and sisters...God bless you all for all you have done for me and if anyone who is Pre-surgery, as i was less than a week ago, I'll gladly answer any questions to help you.........Love to everyone.......Mike

Welcome home Mike! Sounds like you have a good heart, looking after your neighbor when you surely weren't yet feeling up to snuff yourself.
Having a pacer isn't so bad, even if you're 100% dependent, like me. It sure beats the alternative!
Rest, Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Walk. Lather, rinse, repeat.

TauntT

TauntT

Mike , I'll be following in your footsteps very soon (6 days) and it great to hear that you are doing well. They may have "repaired" your heart while hospitalized ,but your actions during your stay proves that you already possessed a "good and Kind" heart. welcome home and happy healing.
Teresa

thank you Taunt.....you are going to do fine....just take your time to rest and don't take too many visitors...you need quiet time...sleep and rest after surgery.....this is YOUR time.....dont be shy to let others know that you aren't up to a lot of commotion and people. I'll be praying for you and know you will follow in my footsteps. Lots of heartfelt love....Michael

thank you Taunt.....you are going to do fine....just take your time to rest and don't take too many visitors...you need quiet time...sleep and rest after surgery.....this is YOUR time.....dont be shy to let others know that you aren't up to a lot of commotion and people. I'll be praying for you and know you will follow in my footsteps. Lots of heartfelt love....Michael

I'll echo Michael's comment on visitors, had made the decision that I wanted no visitors while at hospital other than my spouse (daily) and on one occasion my sister.
Am very happy with that decision, cause we really are not at our best for 1st days post op and i found that there was nothing in it for me as a patient and little to be gained for the visitors.
Spouse sent out a daily message to our close support group and that is what worked best for us...do not really care if some were peeved about no my no visit policy...it was the best for me.
Now once released to ward (4 beds), adjoining visitors, that was a different story and found that many patients went to excess on number of visitors and length of daily stay...there is no privacy in a ward and found that many visitors were insensative to adjoining patients
But then again, live and let live, everyone's needs are different and life is full of compromise.
The adjoining visitors is one reason i could not wait to get home to my quiet setting, to really begin rehab.

Latest posts

Back