I'm a newbie...and worried I won't have the operation in time!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were indeed Very Fortunate to have gotten appropriate help "Just in the Nick of Time" Valerie.

Yep, 0.3 cm^2 is VERY SMALL indeed. Many Cardiologists and Surgeons use 0.8 cm^2 as their trigger for recommending surgery.

You may want to start a new thread in the Post Surgery Forum for your followup. Glad you made it!

'AL Capshaw'

Welcome to this side of the mountain, Valerie! Boy...things sure moved along quite quickly for you. It sounds like it 'was time'. Don' forget to eat, walk and rest.

One day at a time...Hope you continue an uneventful recovery with no more bouts of afib.

Welcome to this side Valerie! I found out some more about my numbers after I posted above (I was at .67-.76 depending on the measurement technique) so yea, it sounds like .3 was pretty darn small (and scary). Glad you made it though, and sounds like things are going well now! There are several that just went through surgery this week, and a couple last week two I think, so you're in good company for posting post-op questions! Keep 'em coming! I've found it makes it easier to get good replies if you post a separate post for each question, with a clear title. Let us know if you need help with that or if you want some help getting a picture up.

Thanks for the update. I was hoping that since you weren't posting, you got thedoctors attention and were in the hospital, so am relieved to hear you've had surgery and are home.

Well Valerie,

Sounds like you got back home in the nick of time, to get it done. Looks like you recived confirmation that the system works when it need to and you eventually got the attention and surgery you badly needed.

Happy for you that it has gone very fast and well to date.

Take it easy and Speedy recovery

Gil

Hi Andy, tx for your note. Good to hear from you. I would appreciate help getting a photo up. I've tried and tried. It seems I don't have permission? Is there some sort of techy help on this site?

Try it now, but make sure it's no bigger then 200x200 pixels and in .jpg format.

Wow Valerie! That's quite a story. My aorta was .7 cm^2 just before my surgery, quite a bit more room than yours and I was just starting to feel funny. But I had been being followed closely by my Drs for several years, so not really a surprise for me. I'm very glad to hear your on the other side! Have a smooth fast recovery!
-Pat

Oh, and if you want your picture (nice pic BTW) to appear with your posts, go to "settings" in the upper right of the screen, then to "edit avatar" in the menu at left. I chose to upload a pic from my computer, but there are at least a couple options there. Good luck :)

Valerie

Glad to hear you are all fixed up. Now all you have to do is concentrate on getting well and active again. I hope your recovery continues to go well for you. Good Luck.

Pat

Valeris:

I'm so glad it all worked out well for you. That's the main thing, but I'm still perturbed by what that first ER doc said and did, or rather did not do. He really put you in extreme jeopardy. Somebody in the hospital's medical administration should at least inform him of what happened to you so he does not take the same bonehead approach the next time and do some irreversible harm.

Latest posts

Back