Had a wonderful time with the Chimp and his Mrs.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wise

We met Cooker and his wife, Sherry, in Gatlinburg this weekend for a couple days of good conversation, laughter and food.

I'll post a few pictures from the mini-outing!

This photo is of Cindy, Cooker and Sherry at the Apple Barn.

We all wanted to ride this bull, but the Apple Barn wouldn't let us.

That's all of the photos. Would've taken more of a variety, but I thought my camera was fully charged, but it ran of out juice too soon.

Wow chimp looks like he used alot of Nair. It looks like it was a beautiful day.

I heard that Nair's stock price soared last week. Now we know why! :D

Seriously, looks like y'all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos. And inquiring minds what to know: what kinds of pancakes? Any German ones? (my favorite, other than "burned" ones.)

I heard that Nair's stock price soared last week. Now we know why! :D

Seriously, looks like y'all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos. And inquiring minds what to know: what kinds of pancakes? Any German ones? (my favorite, other than "burned" ones.)

Between the four of us, we had strawberry, blueberry, apple, pecan and plain!

Marsha, what are German pancakes? Are burned pancakes self explanatory?

WOW! Looks like everyone was having fun, including Perry.
Who be the skinning one in the red sweater?? Sorry, but I don't recognize him.

So nice to see the weather was cooperative.........yea wouldn't mind to say a prayer for some of that weather to come here.......snow in the forecast for Friday

Thanks for the photo Bina. German pancakes look like a liter version. Would that be a mistake to assume? Also, I grew up eating potato pancakes and loved them; my mother just called them "potato cakes."

Freddie, I'm sending a quick prayer to hopefully divert the snow from coming your way. Maybe someone in California or Texas would like some!

Between the four of us, we had strawberry, blueberry, apple, pecan and plain!

Marsha, what are German pancakes? Are burned pancakes self explanatory?

"Burned" pancakes -- I like very dark brown pancakes, not golden ones. Like the ones I burned during camping trips. :eek:

German pancakes -- sometimes also called Dutch babies (smaller ones). They're made from a very thin batter that's poured into an ovenproof skillet and baked. They're very large and thin.
Ol' South Pancake House in Fort Worth serves big ones as Germans, small ones as Dutch babies, and they're served with fresh squeezed heated lemons, butter & powdered sugar, and folded like a packet. Sometimes you're able to add warm sliced peaches or apples to them before they're folded.
I always order mine "thin & brown, easy on the butter & sugar." Mmmmmmmmmmm. ;)

IHOP used to have 'em on the menu, but no longer. I've had them in Braintree, Mass., Seattle, Wash. (down the road from the airport) and Portland, Ore.

Freddie, I'm sending a quick prayer to hopefully divert the snow from coming your way. Maybe someone in California or Texas would like some!

Freddie, you keep that snow where it belongs. TEXAS is finally getting some rain. We are greening up like nobody's business. Unfortunately, this is not the time of year for trees to be blooming. Bradford pairs are budding!:eek: We received 2 inches of rain yesterday, more to come this week, we've had about 5 inches in the last couple of weeks.

And Wise, I'll say a prayer that the snow heads your way. :D

Great pics by the way, looks like you all had a blast!:):D

Freddie, you keep that snow where it belongs. TEXAS is finally getting some rain. We are greening up like nobody's business. Unfortunately, this is not the time of year for trees to be blooming. Bradford pairs are budding!:eek: We received 2 inches of rain yesterday, more to come this week, we've had about 5 inches in the last couple of weeks.

And Wise, I'll say a prayer that the snow heads your way. :D

Great pics by the way, looks like you all had a blast!:):D

A big negatory on that prayer offer, Louise. ;):D Thanks anyway.

However, a big affirmative that we had a blast!

Latest posts

Back