Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 6-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I ballooned to 280 pounds but non of it sterling (-: just before surgery and now 4 months later, I'm only done to 270. Pushing away from table, aquasize, biking, and treadmill has me sweating but I'm determined to get down to 200 pounds.

Good job and good luck with your goal!

Well, I ballooned to 280 pounds but non of it sterling (-: just before surgery and now 4 months later, I'm only done to 270. Pushing away from table, aquasize, biking, and treadmill has me sweating but I'm determined to get down to 200 pounds.

Hey, jendyk, losing 10 is a great start! Slow and steady wins the race. Good goin'! :D

OK, enough talk about the weather ... lets here your thoughts on some things that are important ... Milk Shakes, Donuts, Banana Pudding, Chocolates, Cobblers ....:tongue2:

Superbob loves cobblers. Mrs. Superbob made a peach cobbler with some of the season's first peaches the other day and it was delicious. Fortunately, SB's kids and grandkids chowed down the rest after SB had had just one small serving, but there will be more cobblers to come. :cool:
They go great with a cup of coffee -- yum!

Ok, I think I get it, some of us in Eatern Canada are not too bright, eh!, the west is smarter methinks

so try this on for size:
Maple syrup dribbled over vanilla ice cream
Suger pies and buttertarts, additionally flavoured with maple Syrup (it is proper spelling on "flavoured", trust me, we also say "Z" properly, and properly spell withought properly, trust me again) smile
Montreal style bagels and Montreal style smoked meat (you won't believe it until you try it and they do ship)
Poutine (french fries, covered in rich brown sauce and topped with cheeze curds (guranteed to make your arteries, jam up quick, but so yummy)
yummy on all of the above, now where's that darn scale

P.S. been there done it on chicken fried steak, TX delicacy i believe? or so they told me, who the hell thought that one up? hell the only export from Austin i can think of is Dr. Pepper...good cherry coke and the diet Dr. Pepper not so bad either
(food fight, yeah, just like animal house movie, ooops that crazy bugger was Canadian also, must be the winters, makes us a little crazy
now, I'll quiet down and have my yogurt and bran cerial...sure beats that little red pill (grin)
but Texas comedians rock and Texans in general are the nicest folks i've met generally ....love the gun rack and pickups, novel idea, never know when you'll run across a grizzly or something (smile)

But seriously love Texas, probably where i'd live or Arizona, but neither will have me...Florida not so sure, Carolinas, too humid and they drive crazy

did i understand the thread, sorta, y'all have a great day now!

Ok, I think I get it, some of us in Eatern Canada are not too bright, eh!, the west is smarter methinks

so try this on for size:
Maple syrup dribbled over vanilla ice cream
Suger pies and buttertarts, additionally flavoured with maple Syrup (it is proper spelling on "flavoured", trust me, we also say "Z" properly, and properly spell withought properly, trust me again) smile
Montreal style bagels and Montreal style smoked meat (you won't believe it until you try it and they do ship)
Poutine (french fries, covered in rich brown sauce and topped with cheeze curds (guranteed to make your arteries, jam up quick, but so yummy)
yummy on all of the above, now where's that darn scale

P.S. been there done it on chicken fried steak, TX delicacy i believe? or so they told me, who the hell thought that one up? hell the only export from Austin i can think of is Dr. Pepper...good cherry coke and the diet Dr. Pepper not so bad either
(food fight, yeah, just like animal house movie, ooops that crazy bugger was Canadian also, must be the winters, makes us a little crazy
now, I'll quiet down and have my yogurt and bran cerial...sure beats that little red pill (grin)
but Texas comedians rock and Texans in general are the nicest folks i've met generally ....love the gun rack and pickups, novel idea, never know when you'll run across a grizzly or something (smile)

But seriously love Texas, probably where i'd live or Arizona, but neither will have me...Florida not so sure, Carolinas, too humid and they drive crazy
did i understand the thread, sorta, y'all have a great day now!

By jove - I think he's got it! I'm not sure why the chimp wants to torture us with talk of food. Probably just trying to strengthen our resistance. All those Canadian delicacies sound really good except for those French fries with brown sauce and cheese curds - I'm not too sure about that!..:eek:

Don't forget the BBQ exported from Texas too. Best in the world. It's not like that namby pamby Carolina stuff that they call BBQ (read pulled pork). We've got big old beef brisket and beef ribs - OK some pork too. These delicacies can also be shipped :) Now I better stop picking on those folks from Carolina who think they know what BBQ is all about - or else you won't think I'm a friendly Texan anymore!

You are absolutely right that chicken fried steak is an Austin /Texas delicacy... with mashed potatoes and smothered in cream gravy. Yum Yum. Heart attack on a plate. Rumor has it that was invented by a miscommunication between a waiter and a cook. The order was written as Chicken fried, steak (two orders) - but the cook misread it and just battered up the steak and fried it like chicken. We fry everything here. We'd love to have you down here - but trust me you won't escape the dreaded humidity in Austin - but you would in North and West Texas where it is very deserty (not desserty) and dry. My parents live in Lubbock - up in the panhandle and trust me it is flat as a pancake, but not humid!!!.:D You can look the furthererst and see the least. When my Dad comes to Austin he complains about all the trees blocking the horizion!

Anyway, I declare you an honorary Texan just because you are so darn nice and you have mastered the proper use of 'y'all'! I'd love to visit Montreal/Quebec City and practice my bad French.

Last edited:
By jove - I think he's got it! Anyway, I declare you an honorary Texan just because you are so darn nice and you have mastered the proper use of 'y'all'! I'd love to visit Montreal/Quebec City and practice my bad French.

Thank you Rhena, now thats what I call a Texas welcoming, had the good fortune to have friends move to Dallas some years ago and on a couple of occasions spent a couple of weeks in Dallas/Forth Worth and a couple of interesting drives and visits including Austin....but one one it was visit it was February and the other April i think, hot enough for me thanks.

Texas and Texans rock in my book, good on The Lone Start state for the welcome, I loved mine.

Psssst: If you visit Montreal/Quebec City. praticing your French is Ok and can be amusing for all, but you'll get along very well with a Texan accent and we love to hear you speak (smile).

U be good...., most times

Sugar pie is delish.... and not recommended for diabetics (BOB).
It is a basic pie shell, filled with a boiled mix of maple sugar or brown sugar, butter, cream etc. which looks like caramel but is WAY better. There are a few variations. Google it.

Sugar pie is delish.... and not recommended for diabetics (BOB).
It is a basic pie shell, filled with a boiled mix of maple sugar or brown sugar, butter, cream etc. which looks like caramel but is WAY better. There are a few variations. Google it.

Good Lord! At least our sweet concoctions Down South have some fruit in them! :eek:

Good Lord! At least our sweet concoctions Down South have some fruit in them! :eek:

Or pecans.

I looked up sugar pie and it looks a lot like pecan pie without the pecans. Probably good.

Have any of you ever had chess pie? It's maravilloso, magnifique, terrifico and divine.

Texas and Texans rock in my book, good on The Lone Start state for the welcome, I loved mine.

Psssst: If you visit Montreal/Quebec City. praticing your French is Ok and can be amusing for all, but you'll get along very well with a Texan accent and we love to hear you speak (smile).

U be good...., most times

Vous etes trés charmant! You know Southern Belles (of which there are a few on The Throwdown) also use 'Sugar Pie' as a pronoun! As in for example, 'Thank you Sugar pie!!':D

Last edited:
Vous etes trés charmant! You know Southern Belles (of which there are a few on The Throwdown) also use 'Sugar Pie' as a pronoun! As in for example, 'Thank you Sugar pie!!':D

Rhena, LOL, but i thought it was "sugah pie", but any reference to Southern Belles, gets my BP up....you southern ladies ....merci mademoiselle et écrit avec les accents...wow..am impressed
Vous etes aussi très charmante, mademoiselle!
Ahhhh Southern Belles, time for another cold shower, guess my rehab is just about complete (smile)
Gil

Wise, yes some sugar pies are similar to pecan pie without pecans, but a true Quebec sugar pie will have
more cream and real maple sugar instead of brown sugar.

Why would one eat a pecan pie without pecans? That would be like eating a cherry cobbler without cherries. Can't you'uns git fresh supplies of sweet fillins' up thar? Should we git Bubba's bus and send you an emergency shipment of peaches, pecans, and pralines? :D:p

Why would one eat a pecan pie without pecans? That would be like eating a cherry cobbler without cherries. Can't you'uns git fresh supplies of sweet fillins' up thar? Should we git Bubba's bus and send you an emergency shipment of peaches, pecans, and pralines? :D:p

Superbob, the Quebec thought is "why would you want to muck up/alter the good taste of Maple Sugar with Pecans? :p in similar thinking, Buttertart with raisins is Ok, but buttertart with nuts?

In similar thought and in dispute of wide custom of adding cinamon to a an Apple Pie? I see nothing wrong with the taste of apple in a pie, yummy and even better with vanilla ice cream...now why would anyone want to much up such a good taste with cinnamon...go figure? :D

Gil

Latest posts

Back