Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 6-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed the same: 157.5 last week, 157.5 this morning. I would have reported earlier, but we have a series of small emergencies all day long. Nothing serious long-term, just stuff that had to be taken care of as it developed.
Good job, Chimp, good job, Laurie, and good luck to all throwdowners.

Last edited:
I am down 2lbs this morning but considering I am up about 5'ish since last check-in I am still in the red zone...I suppose I should have weighing-in before 2 cups of coffee as well so if I deduct 500gms(1lb) worth of liquid that would make for an even more favourable number on the horrid scales..

OK...its Friday here and I am humbled by the Chimps warm welcome...and jealous of SB's warm weather as it has turned into that cold blustery wintery type stuff here...

I am down 2lbs this morning but considering I am up about 5'ish since last check-in I am still in the red zone...I suppose I should have weighing-in before 2 cups of coffee as well so if I deduct 500gms(1lb) worth of liquid that would make for an even more favourable number on the horrid scales..

OK...its Friday here and I am humbled by the Chimps warm welcome...and jealous of SB's warm weather as it has turned into that cold blustery wintery type stuff here...
m

Way to go, Ton!
I'll be absent from next week's throwdown, so I'm counting on you to weigh in my place. The Chimp is oblivious to who posts . . . . he just counts on his fingers and toes to see if all are present and accounted for.

Way to go Ton, Laurie and Duffey! ... oblivious:confused2: ... with fingers, toes and er... I can count to twenty one ... so until we surpass 21 I will keep counting and making sure you are here when you are suppose to be ... Duffey, with today's technology remote reporting is a breeze, no excuses:tongue2:

:pGreat to see our Aussiegal back here!

Okay, statistical rundown for Superbob:

Number of Krispy Kreme doughnuts desired by SB: 2,764

Frequency of SB thinking about Krispy Kremes: once every 7.1 seconds (more frequently than typical male thinks about sex):p

Number of Krispy Kremes eaten during the week: zero

Times SB has made Pop-Pop pancakes for grandkiddies: 3 days in a row (school's out!)

Modes of exercise: Superdawg walking, exercise biking in workout room, swimming in pool, bikini patrolling (though it is HOT and sultry -- and SB isn't talking solely about the bathing beauties) :eek:

Weight lost this week: 2 pounds

Weight lost for the Great RW&B Race: 9 pounds

No doubt the Kentucky Flash is sprinting down the home stretch like the Secretariat of the Throwdown. But maybe Superbob can be the Silky Sullivan -- remember the horse who was famous for come-from-behind wins? Oh never mind, you all are too young to remember. :p

I'm back! Anyone miss me? :D !'m glad to see the throwdown is thriving and sounds like there is progress being made and everyone is in their usual good spirits. No negative vibes SB - you did good! Sounds like a race to the finish for you and the Kentucky Flash. It'd take a miracle for me to catch you - but as they say miracles do happen! Laurie - you sound in great spirits for someone facing AVR in August. Good for you! Hope I can remain as calm when my turn is near. Definitely follow Doc's orders and don't overdo.

I am taking a pass this week on posting anything related to weight loss or gain (and trust me it is the latter or I would be braggin') I've been back from Europe since the early hrs of Sunday morning and my mind knows I'm home and need to get back on track, but my willpower is still on vacation. This has GOT TO STOP! I'll be back in good form for next week and may or may not tell you my weight then either. We did a lot of walking in Europe and I maybe only gained 3 lbs or so on first weigh in back, but then I kept eating and not walking and it comes back soooo fast in relation to how slowly it goes. Not fair.:p

My 19 year old niece and I had a fabulous time even though the weather in Munich was the worse for this time of year in 80 years - rainy and cold every day except our last. Paris not a lot better. We carried on like good troopers though seeing all there was to see. I'll post a couple of pics soon. maybe.

My first week back at work has been hell - and I'm using it as at least part of my excuse for not getting back into my routine. They work us to the bone and then I'm just too tired to cook - fast food is so much easier. However, the kitchen is all stocked now with good healthy stuff again so no more excuses!

Later losers! :cool:

Of course we're delighted to see you back, Rhena, and don't worry those vacation pounds will melt away in due time, given your dedication. Meanwhile, enjoy the memories of how you acquired them. :D

:wink2::biggrin2:Welcome back Rhena! Of course you were missed. I agree with Superbob, enjoy the memories. My motto is, IF I'm going to eat it, I AM going to enjoy it. No room for guilt with me, especially when I'm overly full.

WOW! SB you are burning it up. Two pounds is terrific. I think it's possible for you to earn the name of Silky Sullivan. Cindy was familiar with that horse, but then she knows a lot of the great race horses. The heat is on in the Great Race to the RW&B!!!

Checking in via remote satellite . . . . found a pair of scales that say I've lost 95 pounds . . . . . all is well with vacation. Glad you enjoyed your trip, Rhena' good job, Silky Sullivan wanna-be; and waiting for post results for KY flash.

News flash from Kentucky Flash and Cindy Lou Who!!!

Cindy lost 2.2 lbs. this week! Wow! That puts her at 134.2. I lost 1 lb. even, weighing in at 168.4. That's 11.6 in the Race to the RW&B. However, there's still a chance for Silky Sullivan to come from behind. If Silky wins, I think they should name an island after him down there off the coast of the Carolinas....Silky Sullivan's Island. hehe.

Congrats to Cindy Lou That's Who:D and grudgingly to the Kentucky Flash, too. Wow, he is making it difficult -- Silky Sullivan Superbob would have to abstain from Krispy Kremes for 3 more weeks. Don't know if that's possible. :p

I have had a relapse ... My name is Cooker and I'm milkshakeoholic:redface2:

You have taken that all-important first step in admitting that you are powerless over your milkshakeaholicness. Inevitably you will have to turn to a higher power, whom I have heard is called "The Ref." :wink2:

You have taken that all-important first step in admitting that you are powerless over your milkshakeaholicness. Inevitably you will have to turn to a higher power, whom I have heard is called "The Ref." :wink2:

She is on vacation ... no telling how much damage may be done...:eek2:

Hot! Broke a record for the date here today. 106 heat index. I feel wobbly and I only went outside to go to church. Watched a superegional NCAA baseball game on TV, one played very near here, and I don't see how the spectators much less the players, survived. (Congrats to the 'Cocks of Cookerland!) Got to walk Superdawg at least a little way when the sun goes down.

Latest posts

Back