Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 6-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome back! Central Texans know something about 106 - forget about the heat index! But you've got us beat so far. Good job to SB and the Flash, but a big Woo Hoo to Cindy Lou! Tomorrow I'm back in the ball game. I've got my healthy breakfast and lunch all made. No more monkey business (pun intended!) Speaking of which, put down the Milkshakes Mr. Chimp. This will only lead to a life of heart ache, with you under a bridge somewhere begging for change to get your next milkshake fix. No good can come of it! Hey Duffy, if I were you I'd steal those scales by the way!

Talk to y'all later!

All my good dieting intentions sure get strained around here. A client just popped in to drop off a home baked rum cake. She nests, bakes up a storm, and dumps all those calories on us, and there aren't that many of us in the office!

All my good dieting intentions sure get strained around here. A client just popped in to drop off a home baked rum cake. She nests, bakes up a storm, and dumps all those calories on us, and there aren't that many of us in the office!

I know what you mean about work and food temptations. Anything I want to get rid of - like peanut butter cookies purchased in a moment of weakness - I can put in the break room and they are scarfed down in minutes. Any kind of Company perk we get always involves food - BBQ luncheon, or Amy's Ice cream, or smoothies, etc. Give me money!:D

Us humans aren't handling the heat well either. Started to wash the car, but decided it was just too hot too bother with. Ugh!

Last edited:
Chimp likes hot weather but not this hot:eek2:

Too hot for The Chimp -- WHAT?! :eek::eek::eek: Superbob moved down here in the Deep South persuaded by The Chimp's talk of a paradise in the jungle -- lotsa coconuts, swaying palm trees, agreeable breezes, juicy and healthful fruit...and other delights. :cool: And now The Chimp says, too hot -- what's up with that? :p Superbob does love it here September to June -- but the summer is a survival contest. :rolleyes:

Have 111 heat index this afternoon. Guess we were just warming up yesterday. Superdawg has found her place under an a-c vent.

Not fair, can you blow a little bit of that heat up North, barely hitting the 70's up here on a good day, just not fair, mind you 111F sounds like a wee bit warm...somewhere in between would be nice

Think my Jessie Golden would be sleeping in the pond with the goldfish in that temperature...aghhh the bliss of summer and light clothing

Up here it is not the heat, it is the humidity, so the actual heat index is more telling in the summer days

what works best is warm days, cool nights, maybe AZ ? darn border

Not fair, can you blow a little bit of that heat up North, barely hitting the 70's up here on a good day, just not fair, mind you 111F sounds like a wee bit warm...somewhere in between would be nice

Think my Jessie Golden would be sleeping in the pond with the goldfish in that temperature...aghhh the bliss of summer and light clothing

Up here it is not the heat, it is the humidity, so the actual heat index is more telling in the summer days

what works best is warm days, cool nights, maybe AZ ? darn border

Yep, I agree -- some hottish weather in the summer is a good thing. What is so tough right now is the humidity on top of the heat -- makes it actually hard to breathe at times. But hopefully this is just a particularly rough spell and the whole summer won't be like this. Between heat, thunderstorms, fireworks, and humidity, my lab is not enjoying the summer and no doubt is wondering why we ever moved from the mountains. She has a raw, open wound on her back leg, and I swear I think she chewed it during the huge storm the other night. Taking her to the vet this afternoon (another experience she doesn't enjoy, poor thing.)

Yep, I agree -- some hottish weather in the summer is a good thing. What is so tough right now is the humidity on top of the heat -- makes it actually hard to breathe at times. But hopefully this is just a particularly rough spell and the whole summer won't be like this. Between heat, thunderstorms, fireworks, and humidity, my lab is not enjoying the summer and no doubt is wondering why we ever moved from the mountains. She has a raw, open wound on her back leg, and I swear I think she chewed it during the huge storm the other night. Taking her to the vet this afternoon (another experience she doesn't enjoy, poor thing.)

Ahhh, heat's Ok humidity and heat not so much, too bad for the pup, my male Goldens (now deceased) also had the high anxiety problem in thunderstorms, so can relate

My golden loves the car and the vet go figure, any car outing is fun, even though she has had serious surgery as well to fix knee ligament issue...in many ways her rehab from that surgery has been harder and longer than my OHS...go figure

good luck with the visit to the vet, not much fun when the kid is under the weather

Hi LuckyDog - nothing to report but just saying HI and glad to see a new 'face' on the throwdown. If you've been here before I may have missed it. Just back from vacation. It's hot and humid in Texas too - but those Carolinians are even hotter. I'd love a little Canadian summer, but you can keep your winters!

It's hot and humid in Texas too - but those Carolinians are even hotter. I'd love a little Canadian summer, but you can keep your winters!

Wildflower, just to calrify, summer here can be like Washington, hot and humid, probably less so than Carolinas and Georgia, but then again, our homes are better equipped for heating than cooling, so gets way too muggy for my liking.

There is something to be said for breathing in zero air in winter crisp and clean, just need a lot of clothing to compensate, what really gets our goat are those wet snows at 32F, where your feet get wet...winter is way better in country than city, as little or no slush to deal with, therefore dry feet...both my Golden and I love winter, just wish it was 1-2 months like North texas vs, our winter that go on and on and on....we are pretty euphoric when spring arrives and the longer daylight days...as an exmaple right now we have about 16 hours of daylight, pretty nice huh and way better than the 8 hours of daylight in winter...as much as many Canadians would also like to call US home, believe Mexicans have a better chance at immigration ....go figure

OK, enough talk about the weather ... lets here your thoughts on some things that are important ... Milk Shakes, Donuts, Banana Pudding, Chocolates, Cobblers ....:tongue2:

This thread has no track:wink2: ... I am down one pound ... that's a big drop considering I gained a bit the first part of the week ... OK, let's hear how everyone is doing ...

Starting Weight: 233
Last Week: 199
This Week: 198

Well, I ballooned to 280 pounds but non of it sterling (-: just before surgery and now 4 months later, I'm only done to 270. Pushing away from table, aquasize, biking, and treadmill has me sweating but I'm determined to get down to 200 pounds.

OK, enough talk about the weather ... lets here your thoughts on some things that are important ... Milk Shakes, Donuts, Banana Pudding, Chocolates, Cobblers ....:tongue2:

And remember, Cooker, that chocolate is medicine. (-: That's important. I make wine and I whine that I can only have one glass a day. (-:

I love strawberry milkshakes (especially by that "eat mor chikin" place), cake donuts (I rather go straight to the cake though), banana pudding without banana flavoring (yeah I know), chocolate is divine, and cobbler should be either peach, blackberry or chocolate (hehe).

Latest posts

Back