Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 6-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ... TheChimp is back hoping to kick-start this ThrowDown to the next level ... We have many new member on Valvereplacement.org and I'm sure there may be one or two who would like to shed a few pounds while having fun, fun, fun:biggrin2: ... I have posted a loser recall to Face-Book and have had four responses and my favorite Australian has resurfaced ... The Kentucky Flash and his bride continue to show prestigious results ... Duffmiester maybe up and down but maybe reinstated as Ref, the choice is mine not hers:tongue2: .... SuperBob has done a great job while I hung out in Argentina:wink2: .... This is the time for all good losers to come to the aid of their ThrowDown ... I may report my weight on Thursday but it depends on what the weight is ... I might chime in Friday if it looks like I will have a kick ass drop ... anyway lets get this rolling ... more banter is needed and please lets encourage newbies to join in ... it's all fun but being the proper weight is crucial to good heart health ... peace out:cool2:

LOL, I know you guys talk rather funny 'down there' with your heavy accent an all - but what is the truth?
I'm confused.

Well, Freddie, we have a Governor who left the state for 4 or 5 days telling his staff and wife he was going "to hike the Appalachian Trail" -- and leaving no contact number for anyone, even his chief of staff, much less his (now ex-) wife. Turns out he had gone to Argentina to be with his mistress. (Are we males jealous -- of course. :p ) Anyway, that is what The Chimp was referring to.

Don't know what this has to be with weight loss except that hiking burns calories -- and so does sex. ;)

That's one way of getting this thread back on track - Good Job SB
and thanks for the explanation

This thread has no track:wink2: ... I am down one pound ... that's a big drop considering I gained a bit the first part of the week ... OK, let's hear how everyone is doing ...

Starting Weight: 233
Last Week: 199
This Week: 198

The Man of Steel was enlisted by the grand urchins to make Pop-Pop pancakes at a very early hour (yawn!) this morning. Will have to try to work off the calories with Superdawg (hoping we don't melt in the humidity) and then weigh tomorrow. The Krispy Kreme beach doughnut factory is calling SB but so far he is ignoring this siren call. :)

Good going, Chimpmeister. Glad that you have swung back from Argentina to take control of your Throwdown, which was endangered by an inept caretaker.

:tongue2:
...which was endangered by an inept caretaker.

If by endangered you mean that you kept us going, you entertained with witty humor, you encouraged us and you were super, then okay you can say endangered, otherwise, knock it off or I'll send you a coupon for free Krispy Kremes!! :tongue2::tongue2:

Good job Cooker. I know how hard it is to turn around a fast moving locomotive in the middle of the tracks! Oh, sorry, there are no tracks. Well, then in the middle of the hiking trail!

The Man of Steel was enlisted by the grand urchins to make Pop-Pop pancakes at a very early hour (yawn!) this morning. Will have to try to work off the calories with Superdawg (hoping we don't melt in the humidity) and then weigh tomorrow. The Krispy Kreme beach doughnut factory is calling SB but so far he is ignoring this siren call. :)

Good going, Chimpmeister. Glad that you have swung back from Argentina to take control of your Throwdown, which was endangered by an inept caretaker.

Inept my big old butt ... you did a great job ... be careful out there ... I just walk nine holes and it's hot, humid and sticky.....

Talk about hot -- today, Superbob has taken a walk, done the exercise bike for a half-hour, and hit the pool for the last hour -- plus he has (so far) stayed away from the Krispy Kreme factory. Hopefully all this will be good for at least a pound tomorrow morning. :D

Back on track (gee, I'm no fun, am I?) I'm down 2 lbs from last week, only .5 above WW goal (3.5 above my personal, and maybe never to be seen again, goal).

I have the lovely excuse of the surgeon telling me not to "beat myself up" between now and surgery date for AVR in early August, so I Don't Have to EXERCiSE!!!

Ummm that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My walks are going from the previous 20 minute mile to a 30 minute mile, and I've vowed to get someone else to run Jet on the full practice courses this summer -I'll stick to the 4 or 5 obstacle skills work, and let someone else run her over 21 obstacles in 45 seconds. And I get to stay off the dreaded elliptical machine!

Of course, to compensate, I'll really have to watch my diet between now and then. Phooey!

Back on track (gee, I'm no fun, am I?) I'm down 2 lbs from last week, only .5 above WW goal (3.5 above my personal, and maybe never to be seen again, goal).

I have the lovely excuse of the surgeon telling me not to "beat myself up" between now and surgery date for AVR in early August, so I Don't Have to EXERCiSE!!!

Ummm that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My walks are going from the previous 20 minute mile to a 30 minute mile, and I've vowed to get someone else to run Jet on the full practice courses this summer -I'll stick to the 4 or 5 obstacle skills work, and let someone else run her over 21 obstacles in 45 seconds. And I get to stay off the dreaded elliptical machine!

Of course, to compensate, I'll really have to watch my diet between now and then. Phooey!

Yahoooo ... way to go!!!!!

Back