After 23 days, I'm finally home!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaidell

Recap:

Mitral Valve Repair on Nov. 20.
Diagnosed with a chylous pericardial effusion on Nov. 27.
TPN conservative treatment administered for 14 days.
Chest tubes out, Picc line out, and Discharged today!

I'm so happy to be home! Aside from the rare setback, I'm doing great!!

So happy that you are home.

So happy that you are home.

It sounds to me like you are a tough nut to crack, as my 91 year old father would say so please continue to be that!

I'm glad your finally home. As a pediatric nurse I have taken care of a few patients that had the same thing.

Debbie

Welcome home! I had a Pericardial Effusion myself, they tried to treat it with Lasix but I wound up back in the hospital for another week, about a week after discharge. It can really take a lot out of you.

Enjoy that first shower and first meal, I know I did. Greatest meal and shower I've ever had.

Enjoy your holiday season as well and I wish you a grand recovery!

Yay for being home!! :D

I'm glad your finally home. As a pediatric nurse I have taken care of a few patients that had the same thing.

Debbie

I was thinking most people I know who had chylo were children.

I'm glad they wre able to figure out it ws chylo and not the regular effusion so got the right treatment. I'm glad to hear you are home now. You must have been getting quite bored.

I was thinking most people I know who had chylo were children.

I'm glad they wre able to figure out it ws chylo and not the regular effusion so got the right treatment. I'm glad to hear you are home now. You must have been getting quite bored.

Yes it's very rare in adults.... like .2% LOL. I guess I was lucky!

Chaidell

They are usually on TPN and sometimes a fat free diet. Some take longer than others to heal. It depends on the severity of the problem.

Debbie

Back