6 month post surgery Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainframe

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I had a recent echocardiogram and wanted to share what I think is good news. Right after surgery and at a 3 month echo, my ejection fraction was only in the 20's. My cardio wasn't surprised that it hadn't improved at that point and suggest we do it again at 6 months.

It seems that my recent echo indicated my ejection fraction had improved to 45. While it's not the greatest number I sure think it beats being in the 20's. Who knows, maybe it will continue to get better. At least the cardio said "see you next year".

Chris,
So glad to get that good news from you...yes, it is moving in the right direction and into the 'sweet spot'. By the next appt. perhaps, it will be exactly where it should be. :).

Thats great news Chris. I had a doctor tell me that after a difficult surgery that the EF can stay low for quite some time and then slowly start to shoot up. Sounds like thats whats happening. Take good care of yourself... Daren

Happy, happy, happy to hear your good news! "see ya next year" are always great words to hear!! Take care.

That is indeed GREAT NEWS Chris. An increase in EF from the 20's to 45 is a HUGE improvement.

In case you are aren't aware, Hospitals / Doctors all seem to have their own definition of Normal EF Range,
but they ALL fall within the range of 50 to 70%.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back