43 years

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
Supporting Member
Seven years left on my warranty

Today is the 43rd anniversary of my valve....8/16/1967-8/16/2010. My surgeons told me that the valve was designe to last 50 years.....so far, so good. I wonder what happens after 50 years..........oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Thanks to Mary, and others, I may have done this "right"....but you do have to "make allowances" because I am "pre-computer".......but at least, I am "still looking down at the grass":angel:.

Last edited:
Oh happy day..!!

Oh happy day..!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ happy anniversary to you ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•happy anniversary to you*¨*•♫♪ ♥ ♥ ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•happy anniversary dear dick ♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥happy anniversary to you ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪....!!!

What a great anniversary! Congradulations and I look forward to reading your 51st ,60th..
Speaking of "pre-computer", we've only been going thru surgeries and dealing with heart problems HALF as long as you, but isn't it so nice to be able to talk to others that have gone thru many of the same things or if you have a question its such is relief knowing if you post about it, Chances are somebody has already "been there done that" , especially in the middle of the night or weekends when you would have to wait (and imagine the worst) until you could talk to your doctor.

I should have "given credit, where credit is due" in my thread starter. I only lay there while two very good surgeons did all the work and my success is due to their efforts. Dr. Danielson went on to the Mayo Clinic. I have never been able to contact him, but I think he is still there. Dr. Wood, whom I believe was my primary surgeon, went to Baylor Univ. where he is Chief of Cardiothoriac Surgery. He was "Chief Resident" at UofK when he did my surgery. I saw his recent bia that states he has assisted in 55 Heart Transplants, 3 Lung Transplants and 2 Heart-Lung Transplants. I did talk with Dr. Wood a couple years ago and he seems like a nice guy. By a simple "luck of the draw", I got two of the best and brightest for my surgery.

Congratulations on your 43rd valversary Dick & here's wishing you another 40 or more years!

You are indeed an inspiration and quite especially to all newbies who are facing open-heart surgery & wondering what their lives will be afterwards!

Stay well & keep on doing what you're doing because it's definitely working!
:) :)

Dick! 43 YEARS! That is AWESOME! You are a true inspiration to all of us and for those in the future that need valve replacement. Yeah, lets party on your 50th! May you have many more years of good health.

Thanks Dick,

I've enjoyed your posts and especially this one. Tomorrow is my 3 week anniversary and I'm a little down with some struggles I'm having and your post just made my burden lighter.

Congratulations and many more.

Doug

Glad you started your own thread; I'll add my congratulations and best wishes to you again on this one -- FANTASTIC :)

Congratulations on a great valve done, What a great Dr. 43 years ago you had.
May you have many,many great valversarys to come your way....your an inspiration:thumbup:
ENJOY your special celebration by celebrating and it will likely click another 43 years:smile2:

Dick,

Congratulations on 43 years! Thanks for sharing here. Your story/case give hope and assurance to many. Party with a good cup of coffee, cake and ice cream!:smile2:

Tom

Latest posts

Back