Where's all the newbies?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody! I'm still ticking and clicking! It has been ten weeks since my surgery and I feel great....except for morning back pain that started shortly after I began walking 2 to 3 miles a day! Although I'm not sure the walking causes the back pain, but it is severe when I wake up, but seems to go away as soon as I start moving around. I am still waiting on the tawdry shirt, wherever one may be. I just hope it fits when it does arrive!!

Dale, you are doing very well. Happy for you. As for other pain and aches, they are normal after being stranded on the surgery table and in bed for a while. They will all disappear with time.

Where is the 'young guy' (sorry for not remembering the name) who wanted an advice on whether to date his cardiologist nurse or not?!:D:D I am curious how he is doing on all sides!!

I know I know. He married her and their busy raising a family! :D

ok...so I'm a newbie, will show you my scar, not my face, I had no makeup on...I don't have a tawdry shirt either, I am single , nothing tawdry in my closet...lol...since I do not know how to post it, it will be my avatar for a few days.....;) If that's ok Mr. Moderator?

Last edited:
Way to post star nice and sure Mr moderater will be pleased.
I'm glad i dont know how to post one in;) nice pic even without
a face...you did tremenous,another proud scar pic:)

:confused:

We've had lots of surgeries but it's been quite a while since anyone has been inducted into the Order of the Tawdry Shirt (TOOTS).

For those not aware, there's a tradition joining this Order, comprised of those noble adventurers who have journeyed over the mountain, by posting a post-op picture of your badge of honour (i.e. scar) in a Tawdry Shirt.

There are some official tawdry shirts circulating (post to ask for one so it can be forwarded to you), or you can post a pic in your own tawdry shirt (I did).

Let's not let this noble tradition fade away. Whose next to join up? ;)

Oops! I posted a photo of my scar without a tawdry shirt on. Let's just say that I borrowed one from the Emperor who had new clothes.

,-;

That's one thing that's troubled me for a long time. They come for information and understanding, have surgery, then split. More of them need to come back and help out other new people who come in just as petrified as they once were.

I must be ars backwards; I came on weeks after my surgery. I found the site by virtue of a google search.

Latest posts

Back