Where's all the newbies?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not going anywhere. I wouldn't have made it through these past few days without you guys and although I don't post every day, I read and read and read.

Anyways - tomorrow I'm going to rummage through Peter's wardrobe. He's got clothes going back to the 60's and 70's - he's continued with the belief that not only will be slim down enough to get into them but that they will come back into fashion! :D

There's bound to be something er!..... appropriate for the occasion! LOL

I can just add that it made me feel better seeing everyone else's TOOT's before surgery. I am planning on tracking my progress before and after using silicone strips on mine. I can't start until week 8 though. I do feel a bit bad though about my week 1 picture. My shirt was not nearly tacky enough! You see, I am a single gal and don't have a husband or SO that has those shirts!

I can just add that it made me feel better seeing everyone else's TOOT's before surgery. I am planning on tracking my progress before and after using silicone strips on mine. I can't start until week 8 though. I do feel a bit bad though about my week 1 picture. My shirt was not nearly tacky enough! You see, I am a single gal and don't have a husband or SO that has those shirts!

I 2nd this post cept i have a hubby and those shirts LOL

my scars gross and i'm using those silicone strips too,
just to find my skin tone even along with bio-oil.
Then again i don't have a shirt,everythings too big
EXCUSES,EXCUSES,but i'm still here.

zipper2 (DEB)

The bio-oil works great on old scars,been using it faithfully
2 months now and cus it says it works on old scars too
i have a scar on my nose from rhinoplasty,just a small scar
and very old seems to be workin:)the trick is to use it faithfully
donot get lazy to apply it was my pharmacists words.
See a diff on my oh scar to but applying the silicone strips and it's
showing difference,so i feel it works,hubby says big difference(not
to be sarcastic) when he says big difference LOL

zipper2 (DEB)

Thanks a bunch, gonna get some tomorrow. I have been noticing thou that the displays in the stores are almost empty. Wish me luck that I find some.

Thanks a bunch, gonna get some tomorrow. I have been noticing thou that the displays in the stores are almost empty. Wish me luck that I find some.

if your out we are full here on shelves from restock,but it moves quick and yet bottle lasts forever ,don't need much of it.Let me know and i'll mail you
some (make sure your dressed for express post);)

zipper2 (DEB)

Well, I think I've solved the mystery: folks don't come back because once they get their lives back it's really hard to spend time scooting around on the forum!

I'm not even a month out, but I'm improving in leaps and bounds every day (driving myself to testing and doc visits, grocery shopping--even just out to a bookstore). I'm already having to get back to work more and more every day, and my leave will be up Friday week--so I can see why the forum slips by some folks.

I'll try to peek in occasionally, but I've already found it difficult to find the time. Maybe when I can give up my naps . . .

I found this site long after my surgery in '05...my scar is probably far too well-heeled by now for an effective TOOTS pic.
I do have one in a bridesmaids dress a year or so after surgery...bit frou frou, but I don't know if I'd say Tawdry.
I do love the idea of this whole tradition though...brilliant :)

I found this site long after my surgery in '05...my scar is probably far too well-heeled by now for an effective TOOTS pic.
I do have one in a bridesmaids dress a year or so after surgery...bit frou frou, but I don't know if I'd say Tawdry.
I do love the idea of this whole tradition though...brilliant :)

Nonsense, a scar pic is a scar pic. Let someone send you an official TOOTS shirt and log book and post a pic. ;)

I'm in! How do I get started. My closet has a lot of interesting shirts. I would happily donate a shirt. Does anyone want to send one to me?

I'm in! How do I get started. My closet has a lot of interesting shirts. I would happily donate a shirt. Does anyone want to send one to me?

Were trying our best to find those that we have circulating. The TOOTS tradition carries with it a log/photo book for each new recipient to add too and pass on, but it seems some people have been selfish and not done as requested. If we can't find one for you, then your more then welcome to throw on an old 70's shirt and strike up the Travolta pose.

Yeah, well, some of us lurk for a long time after surgery, and don't post until our heads are screwed back on properly! Of course, mine's never been screwed on properly....:p
And I've never posted a tawdry shirt pic, either. I wanted to put a temporary tatoo of a zipper over the zipper and get a pic just for yucks. :D

Laurie, you nailed the reason why I haven't logged in until today. I plan to remain an active member (ok, first I have to become an active member to remain one) but I definitely haven't bailed now that I'm fixed.

Someday I'll post a pic, but my drain holes are currently unpresentable.

Yeah, well, some of us lurk for a long time after surgery, and don't post until our heads are screwed back on properly! Of course, mine's never been screwed on properly....:p

I was going to say, if your waiting for your head to be screwed on right, forget it! Not while I'm around anyway. :D

Has anyone else noticed that some of the newbies don't come back to report that they're over the mountain? I really wish they'd come back to let us know they're ok.

There shy....
hawiishirt.jpg

Hello everybody! I'm still ticking and clicking! It has been ten weeks since my surgery and I feel great....except for morning back pain that started shortly after I began walking 2 to 3 miles a day! Although I'm not sure the walking causes the back pain, but it is severe when I wake up, but seems to go away as soon as I start moving around. I am still waiting on the tawdry shirt, wherever one may be. I just hope it fits when it does arrive!!

Latest posts

Back