Well guys this is it I am off to the hospital tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Tomorrow morning I am off to the hospital for my prebook orientation. I will be there for about 5 hrs meeting my cardiac team and getting debriefed on what will be happening the following day. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am on surgery day.. yippee!
I won't be back home so this will be my last post here in the pre-surgery section.. If possible I will try to get online with my ipod for I am not taking my laptop with me.. my daughter Lindsey will try to post some updates of my progress. I would like to thank all of you for being such kind, compassionate people and helping me with my journey. Life has been so much easier since I found this site and all of you.. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system that all of you have contributed to. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will think of you all tomorrow for I know you will doing the same for me on tuesday. Robb, keep smilin it will all be over and done with soon! :D
Big hugs, crocodile tears... god bless you all!

Last edited:
penny :) i wish you the best of luck, but i know you will be okay! it will be over before you know it, and in a week or so you will be back here telling us all about it! take care and i will be thinking of you!

Don't worry Penny,it is unbelievable what they can do these day's compared to ten years ago.
You feel almost no pain and the recovery is very quick .
Just stay calm ,listen to your doctor and take your meds .
I was very afraid pre-surgery (have two kids,7 and 10 years old)but i had done everything i could do right and the rest was in my doctors hands .
The night before i was very calm and just put my thrust in the hospital i was in (st antonius nieuwegein best hospital in the netherlands ).
Set your mind on things that your going to do AFTER the surgery and not on things that could go wrong(setting your brain in a positive state helps a lot ).
Will be looking in the post-surgery thread and to see howe it went (sorry for my bad english )

Penny,

Just remember when you wake up in ICU--"Don't fight the vent...don't fight the vent...don't fight the vent...."

Thoughts and prayers,

Marcia

Penny...I had to be at the hospital at 530am for my surgery also and it is really the best to get it done early. Not only are you not sitting around thinking and waiting all day , but the surgeon is nice and fresh also. I will be thinking of you today and right through Tuesday and sending out prayers to heaven for you to have a totally successful surgery and a bump free recovery. Lots of best wishes and warm heart hugs. Welcome soon to the other side!!!.......Michael

Penny,
Wow, your time is right here on us!!! I'll be sooooo glad for you to have it all done with! I know you're going to do just great, and I will be waiting and watching to get that first update on here saying how well you are doing!!!! My thoughts, prayers and hugs and probably some tears will be with you, my friend. Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest, do whatever they tell you to do!! Blessings to you and to your family!!!

Good Journey! I don't care how good the other side looks, come back to this side. Besides, you promised to give me a hard time and I'm counting on it.

Latest posts

Back