Update: Cort needs prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Cort's sister:

I am home now. Mom texted at 11 and said that Cort is off the ventilator. The do have him on an oxygen mask for the humidity to help loosen mucus. he is using a suction tube to help get mucus out. he is communicating well, and seems to be in better spirits. the last time Dr. Russell was in (just before i left), he said that they want to keep him resting in bed all day today. tomorrow they will work on getting him up in the chair.

from his sister:

heard from Mom a little bit ago. Cort Stevens is doing good. He is off the oxygen mask and has the nose line in place instead (since about 1:15). he is good spirits and is joking with his nurses. he is trying to get into a more comfortable position as they are keeping him in bed all day. Mom said he is doing much better today than he was yesterday at the same time.

Excellent news, I began sending my support when reading about this in the middle of the night. Quite the inspiration he is !!
Also to Cort's family, I don't know you or Cort but thanks for the continued up dates and I hope you all can find some rest time.

Brad

Cort - I've been away all weekend, and have been thinking of you and how you are doing. I also had some issues with low oxygen sat levels post-op, and was on oxygen for a couple of days, but I gradually weaned from it. I know you can, too, as you're a good bit younger than I.

Keep up the good work. Do what you know you need to do and check in when you're ready.

Duffey and the others - thanks so very much for posting those updates. We know Cort will do fine, but we do want to know as he progresses, and your updates are the only way we have.

I, too, had those low oxygen issues and had ventilator into overtime and then oxygen mask a few nights. Best thing was that on the day they wanted to release me (day 5), they assigned an extremely hot nurse to walk me around the hallways most of the day to raise my, yes, oxygen level. You could be that lucky, too Cort -- sounds like you already are starting to flirt with the nurses. ;););)

Hang in there, guy. Sounds like you're on a road that is smoothing out now. :thumbup:

I, too, had those low oxygen issues and had ventilator into overtime and then oxygen mask a few nights. Best thing was that on the day they wanted to release me (day 5), they assigned an extremely hot nurse to walk me around the hallways most of the day to raise my, yes, oxygen level. You could be that lucky, too Cort -- sounds like you already are starting to flirt with the nurses. ;););)

Hang in there, guy. Sounds like you're on a road that is smoothing out now. :thumbup:

not to mention your bp and heart rate?

from his sister:

Heard from mom a little bit ago. Cort stevens is doing good. He is off the oxygen mask and has the nose line in place instead (since about 1:15). He is good spirits and is joking with his nurses. He is trying to get into a more comfortable position as they are keeping him in bed all day. Mom said he is doing much better today than he was yesterday at the same time.

bravo bravo !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back