Two years have flown by

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston Tiger

It's funny how some events from two years ago remain so fresh in my mind, while others have faded in time. The latter are mainly the annoying aches and pains in the weeks and months after the surgery. My recovery was slow, but I felt less aches at six months than I did at six weeks, and even less at a year. I'm at a point now when my body rarely reminds me of what it went through two years ago -- mainly aches when the weather is changing or soreness when I have to sit on an international flight for 10 or more hours.

I'm glad I found this site last year, since I was looking (unsuccessfully) for something like this back when I was in the waiting room and in the early stages of recovery. The feedback from those of us who have been through the process seems much more real than the information that can be found elsewhere. Thanks to Hank for running the site and all the posters who make it so great!

Congrats on your anniversary. Funny thing is I just hit my two year mark on May 28th.

I think back to how bad my health got before the surgery, and how much better things are now. Thanks for reminding me.

Yippee! Congrats on reaching your year #2 milestone. :) Wishing you many more years of great health.

BT - Our "Hearty" congratulations on your second anniversary, and yet more congratulations on your daughter's successes. I fully agree that seeing our children successfully reach major milestones makes all the heart surgery and its baggage well worth the trip.

Back