Tobagotwo's Surgery Over

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric,
Thanks very much for the update - Bob is a great resource to us, as well as a role model for many of us who still wait for our own turns at valve surgery. Glad he is doing well, and our prayers for continued great progress are with him.

Thank you, Eric, for posting. You obviously share your father's gift for clear expository prose, but it will be great to hear from the original again!

Sorry to hear about the pain--must be due to youth! Best wishes for continued steady recovery.

Thanks Eric. I'm so glad to hear this news about your dad. I bet your dad is already mentally starting his research plans to get to the bottom of exactly what this "film" was. I'll be waiting for further news. Thanks again.

Give him my best.

What valve did he get this time?

Thanks for the update. Glad things are going well. it will be interesting to hear more about the film

Ross I don't know if things changed, but a couple weeks ago Bob wrote
"My next valve looks to be an SJM Biocor "mixed grille" tissue valve, which has porcine leaflets and bovine pericardium "bumpers" at the base of the commissures. These have been approved in the US, but SJM has been very low-key on them for some time, and only recently seems to have acknowledged tham with information on their website (prior, the site said "not available in the US").
It may be because of incompatibility with the sales pitches used to promote their Regent mechanical lines, which are their front-line product. Their 20-year data from Europe seems to surpass even the Edwards bovine pericardium data, assuming there is enough apples-to-apples information in the studies to determine that accurately. That CEPM had been my anticipated next valve for most of the last five years, so this decision has been a somewhat difficult change of direction for me.

In the medtronic failure rate thread http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410944#post410944

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope Bob has a smooth recovery.

Happy news - thanks for letting us know. Please give him a big hug from us.

Eric, glad to hear things are going fairly well, your dad will be in my prayers as
he continues to heal. Laura B.

Glad is all went well!

Glad is all went well!

I remember my Eric slipping me ice chips, and the nurse saying to him that it would be a really, really bad thing if his mama had to vomit at this point. :eek: Really slowed up my ice chips! :D

Glad to hear you're on the other side and doing well!!

Latest posts

Back