Tardy Post

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Bina was kind enough to ask (on Facebook) how I was doing. I had intended to post an answer. I am alright, but Barb and I are dealing with some big changes. Family matters have required (at Barb's suggestion, and my concurrence) that I be in Colorado Springs with our daughter and two grandchildren. I haven't been back in New Mexico since early July. I see Barb when she can get away (she is committed to finish the teaching year in Jemez Springs), and I have been hoping to get back there.

In the meantime, we have bought a second home in Colorado Springs. Part of having on-line friends is communicating about life's changes and their effects. The home I have now is far better than anything I would ever have expected as a young man-and I am blessed to have it. But I really miss the solitude of our home on the canyon rim in New Mexico. I am working on a couple of projects-on is a book project where I am working as an editor. I would love to be an author, not an editor-but, it looks like I will be paid nicely for my time, and that probably wouldn't happen if I was the actual writer. I am also working on a video-really a glorified slide show-but it is probably going to give me a chance to do something I like with some of my favorite pictures. I would like to post a link when I get it done-but in the meantime I need to learn a little about using the software.

The weather changes quickly in the mountains. I am linking to two pictures. This one is from the front of the Colorado house looking at the mountains. (I hope I still remember how to do this).

http://jemez-photography.smugmug.co...rings/i-XGrZNC6/0/XL/Colorado-Snow-069-XL.jpg

This picture is looking at the back of the house, and was taken only a few days before the snow you see in the first picture. The mountains are still covered in snow, but the streets and houses have long cleared.

http://jemez-photography.smugmug.co...M5/0/XL/Colorado-Springs-back-of-house-XL.jpg

I am going to try to get a better grip on my schedule, and be more present on the forum. Talking to you guys is really good for me.

Dennis, I'm glad to hear from you. I can imagine how you must miss your life in New Mexico, you always managed to bring it to life for all of us, even more from your writing than photos, BUT I know how good it must be for you to spend so much time with you babies, the loves of your life. Ill always remeber your joy when ella was born and when you and Barb got to spend time with her.

ps beautiful House yard and of course scenery

Last edited:
Hi Dennis, your home in Colorado looks beautiful.
Good luck with all your new adventures which I'm sure you will succeed beyond your highest standards.

P.S.
Missed you around here

Hi Dennis, you have been busy. That new house is great !
Hopefully your daughter's new business is doing well and there is still enough time to spend with the youngsters,
exploring the world through your photographs and writings is priceless.
Thanks so much for sharing with us once again. :)

Hi Dennis,
Wow, it sure was nice to hear that you are doing well. I have missed seeing your wonderful pictures. I wish you and your family well and look forward to hearing from you as time permits.

Do you have a tardy pass, Dennis?:tongue2:

It's so good to hear from you, and I'm confident you will be happy wherever you rest your head at night. You have a wonderful ability to find, and bring out the best, in every situation.

Looking forward to more pictures,:smile2:

Mary

Dennis, as usual, it is so good to hear from you. Your pictures are stunning as always and your back garden is beautiful. I hope you can find the time to be around more and share your beautiful work with us.

Kim

Brother Dennis, you are such a source of joy for so many of us! I hope the joy comes back to you tenfold. Your valve bro, Brian

Latest posts

Back