Surgery on April 28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockey Heart

Well, my day has come. Replacing my BAV with a bovine valve at Northwestern in Chicago by Dr. McCarthy.

Not really too nervous. A little anxious about the recovery and hoping it won't be too hard but not too nervous about the actual surgery.

Thank you all for taking the time to answer all the questions I have had along the way. I have learned so much from all of you and your stories and experiences.

My wife will keep you updated as soon as possible following the surgery this Thursday.

I have nothing but the best to say about Dr. McCarthy, his staff and all the folks at Northwestern. I'm sure you will have the best experience possible (given the circumstances, I guess) with that team on your bench.

We'll be watching for your wife's progress reports, and when you're able to get back on the board, we'll be here for you.

Just one thing to remember, DO NOT USE YOUR ARMS TO GET IN AND OUT OF A CHAIR OR BED. You will here that about a zillion times. Protect the sternum, thats your job.

Be prepared to have an amazing experience! Be excited, it's a pretty cool ride and your the center of attention. Have fun with it!

Life in the fast lane will never be the same. Good luck with your surgery and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay away from the speed bumps and you will be back drinking a beer for the end of the hockey playoffs!
Godspeed....

I have nothing but the best to say about Dr. McCarthy, his staff and all the folks at Northwestern. I'm sure you will have the best experience possible (given the circumstances, I guess) with that team on your bench.

We'll be watching for your wife's progress reports, and when you're able to get back on the board, we'll be here for you.

I was going to basically say the same thing as Steve but he bet me to it. The only difference is that I'm going by what other members have said about Dr. McCarthy and Northwestern.

Thanks everyone! My Bulls just took care of business, now if the Blackhawks can do the same I'll be a very happy surgical patient!

Good Luck!!!
Wish you a speedy recovery. Don't torture the nurses(like I did) they are your FRIENDS. I'm sure you are in great hands & this is the BEST PLACE for support!
Daiva
PS Go Wings!!!!(just had to say that)

Best wishes for successful surgery and fast, bump free recovery.
We'll be waiting to hear you're safely to the other side of the mountain.

Latest posts

Back