Special Prayers for Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
For those of you who remember Ross, he is now in the hospital with a GI bleed.

It started Saturday night and he went to the hospital around 11AM today (Sunday).
Please say a lot of prayers for him.

Ross will be in my prayers until I hear he is well and to his usual feisty self. I can't get on to the other board any longer otherwise I would post my get well wishes there. Thanks for the heads-up Freddie

I miss your comments, Ross. I wish for you a rapid recovery, and a short hospital stay!
Gail
p.s. what is that 'other board'?

UP-DATE:
He is going through the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Other tests did not show anything. The doctor is thinking diverticulitis. Of course, unless the bleed is obviously active during tests, nothing shows up.

He is tired and unhappy - we all know how much he hates the hospital. He expects if the colonoscopy shows nothing, they will let him go home.

UP-DATE:
He is going through the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Other tests did not show anything. The doctor is thinking diverticulitis. Of course, unless the bleed is obviously active during tests, nothing shows up.
Is he on Warfarin? Wouldn't this explain the bleed?

he is on warfarin, but he's a good self manager. Diverticulitis is perhaps more of the explanation I reckon.

none the less ... difficult!

I am certainly adding my prayers for Ross. A good guy who has meant a lot to many of us over the years and given us needed humor along the way!

The other board is HeartValvePatients.org which he administers (or maybe moderates is the correct term). I am a member there also, but it's hard to stay active in two. I also will drop by and offer my best wishes.

Last edited:
UP-DATE #2
Ross is home - colonoscopy showed nothing so there is a bit of frustration. Stuff many of us are familiar with. Don't want anything wrong but "we can't find anything" is often worse.

Is he on Warfarin? Wouldn't this explain the bleed?

Warfarin doesn’t explain the bleed. It unmasked a problem that would have happened at some point later on. Sure, it contributed to the large amount of blood, but it was not the cause of the bleeding. It was a diverticular hemorrhage.

Latest posts

Back